WebinarWednesday, October 4, 2017 | 00:00 - 00:00
What Ontario employers need to know about The Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017.
Norton Rose Fulbright invites you to a webinar discussing the Ontario government’s blueprint for overhauling both the Employment Standards Act, 2000 and the Labour Relations Act, 1995.
With the stated goals of creating more opportunity and security for workers, Bill 148 The Fair Workplaces, Better Jobs Act, 2017 represents a wide swing to the left. Key amendments, if enacted, will:
- Raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour
- Require employers to pay part-time, temporary and seasonal employees workers the same wage rate as regular full-time employees
- Allow employees to request schedule changes, or even refuse shifts if asked to work with insufficient notice
- Give all employees paid personal emergency leave
- Make it easier for unions to obtain bargaining rights
- Increase fines and penalties for non-compliance
Our webinar examines these and other important Bill 148 amendments, and what employers need to do to ensure that employment contracts, collective bargaining agreements, and workplace policies comply their new obligations.
To learn more about Bill 148, please visit our Global Workplace Insider blog.