Ronald W. Adzgery
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Ronald W. AdzgeryvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Ron Adzgery is a tax lawyer with the Houston office. His practice focuses primarily on executive compensation, employee benefits, ERISA and related tax matters.
Ron has significant experience in designing and providing advice to both public and private companies with respect to qualified defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, executive compensation arrangements, long-term incentive plans, non-qualified deferred compensation plans, section 457(b) and (f) deferred compensation plans of state and local governments and tax-exempt organizations, section 403(b) annuity programs, and welfare and fringe benefit programs.
Ron also has substantial experience with governmental plans, the employee benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions, fiduciary responsibilities, and resolution of compliance disputes with the Internal Revenue Service, the Department of Labor, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation and the Texas Department of Insurance. He also advises clients in negotiating contracts with third party administrators and investment managers.
JD, cum laude, Tulane University Law School, 1984
BA, summa cum laude, Economics and Accounting, University of St. Thomas, 1980
Ron passed all parts of the Texas CPA Exam in 1980. He was admitted to practice law in Texas in 1984, and is admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court, the Court of Federal Claims and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Texas State Bar
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012 - 2014
- Co Author, "IRS Releases Proposed Regulations on Employer Shared Responsibility under the Affordable Care Act", Fulbright Briefing, January 28, 2013
- Co Author, "IRS Targets Compensation Deductions for Discounted and Backdated Stock Options", Fulbright Briefing, August 5, 2009
- Co Author, "Update 401(k) Plan Fees Cases - Plaintiffs' Claims Dismissed", Fulbright Briefing, July 2007
- Co Author, "2005 Equity Compensation Plan Issues", Legal Update, May 2005
- "ERISA Primer: An Overview of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974," State Bar of Texas Advanced Tax Law Course - Tax Law 101 Program, August 2010
- "COBRA for CFOs and Controllers -- Overview and Selected Issues," Texas Society of CPA Foundation - CFO/Controller Conference, Houston, Texas, August 2008
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Section of Taxation, Council (2006 - 2013)
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, Chair (2009 - 2010)
- Advanced Tax Law Course, Course Director (2009)
- Houston Bar Association
- Tax Section, Chair (2004 - 2005)
- Annunciation Orthodox School, Houston, Texas
- Board of Trustees, Chair (2011 - 2013)
- Executive Committee and former Treasurer (2008 - 2011)
- Da Camera Society of Houston
- Former Advisory Board