Melissa A. Davis
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Melissa A. DavisvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Melissa Davis, an attorney in the Dallas office, serves as an invaluable asset to clients in the health care and real estate industries.
Melissa has garnered well earned accolades from her clients on the way she delves into the inner workings of their businesses, all in an effort to better represent their legal interests. She has significant experience in general commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duties and tortuous interference with business contracts. She has more recently concentrated her practice on health care litigation involving prompt payment violations and real estate litigation involving borrower/lender disputes and receiverships.
Her recent representation includes:
- Numerous securitized business trusts (REMICs) (through their special servicers) in connection with defaulted real estate loans in seeking restraining orders against Borrowers and the appointment of receivers for properties securing the loans in both state and federal courts
- A securitized business trust (REMIC) (through its special servicer) in connection with seven (7) defaulted real estate loans with respect to litigation instigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission against the principals of the Borrowers
- A non-profit hospital system in statutory and contractual prompt pay actions against insurers, third-party administrators and PPO networks
JD, University of Houston Law Center, 1995
MBA, University of Houston C.T. Bauer College of Business, 1995
BS, Political Science, Texas A&M University, 1991
During her simultaneous pursuit of a master's degree and law degree, Melissa served as Case Note and Comment Editor for the Houston Journal of International Law.
She was admitted the State Bar of Texas in 1995, and is admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Southern, Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Texas State Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association - Real Property and Litigation Sections
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Special Olympics Committee, Co-Chair (1996 - 1999)
- City of Irving Parks and Recreation Advisory Board 2004 - 2008: Secretary 2005, Vice-Chair 2006, Chair 2007
- Religious Education Instructor, St. Ann Parish