Kristian W. Gluck
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Kristian W. GluckvCard
Related services and key industries
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Litigation and disputes
- Chapter 11 debtor and trustee representation
- Cross-border insolvency representation
- Financial institutions, funds and creditor representation
- Official creditors' committee representation
- Municipal restructuring and bankruptcy
Kristian Gluck is a partner in the Financial Restructuring and Insolvency Group. Kristian has a diverse, nationwide practice ranging from representing creditors, such as banks, hedge funds and large institutional lenders, to debtors, in complex restructurings and reorganizations both in and out of bankruptcy court and related litigation.
Nationally significant cases in which he has been involved and represented major constituents include Elk Petroleum, Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Boy Scouts of America, Montco Offshore, Exco Resources, Windstream, Quicksilver Resources, Mirant, Calpine, Sabine Oil & Gas, BPZ Resources, Samson Resources, CHC Group, Midstates Petroleum, C&J Energy, Idearc, North American Petroleum, Overseas Shipholding Group, Woodside Homes and East Cameron Partners.
Previously, Kristian served for two years as law clerk to the Honorable Harold C. Abramson, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of Texas.
JD, George Mason University School of Law, 2001
BA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1994
During his time in law school, Kristian served as Notes Editor for the Federal Circuit Bar Journal and was a member of the Journal of International Legal Studies.
Kristian is admitted to practice law in Texas, North Carolina and Alabama. He appears before bankruptcy and federal courts in bankruptcy cases throughout the country.
- Texas State Bar
His representative experience includes:
- Corporate restructuring and insolvency cases, including serving as debtors' counsel to Elk Petroleum and Idearc.
- Advising secured lenders, including the secured lenders in Gold's Gym, Montco Offshore, Exco Resources, Boy Scouts of America and Overseas Shipholding Group.
- Representing the official committees in Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Orianna Healthcare, Little River Healthcare and All Smiles Dental.
- All aspects of bankruptcy litigation, including avoidance actions (i.e., preference and fraudulent conveyance matters) and adversary proceedings seeking recharacterization.
- Debtor-in-possession financing arrangements.
- Purchasing assets from bankruptcy cases.
- Negotiation of assumption, rejection, and/or assignment of various types of executory contracts and unexpired leases.
- Lawdragon 500 Leading US Bankruptcy and Restructuring Lawyers, 2022
- Best Lawyers - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Best Lawyers, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/ Insolvency and Reorganization law, Best Lawyers, 2020 - 2021
- Best Lawyers - Litigation – Bankruptcy, Best Lawyers, 2022
- Top 100 Shipping Lawyers (No. 9 overall), Lloyd's List Maritime Intelligence, 2017
- Texas Rising Star, bankruptcy and creditor/debtor rights, Thomson Reuters, 2009, 2011 - 2012
- Co-author, "INSIGHT: Resolving federal tax disputes in bankruptcy," Bloomberg Tax, June 2020
- Co-author, "On the Waterfront - Restructuring International Shipping Companies," Legalseas, July 2016
- Co-author, "Overseas Shipholding Group: A Case Study for Effective Use of US Bankruptcy Laws," Legalseas, November 2014
- Co-author, "Fifth Circuit Holds That Bankruptcy Reorganization Plan May Artificially and Immaterially Impair Class Claims to Confirm Through Cramdown," Fulbright Briefing, March 12, 2013
- Co-author, "Fifth Circuit Addresses Standards Associated With Preserving Causes Of Action In Plans of Reorganization and a Debtor's Standing to Pursue Them," Fulbright Briefing, December 4, 2012
- "Amended Texas Property Code Resolves Bankruptcy Court Dispute: Recorded Absolute Assignments of Rent Are Security Interests," Fulbright Briefing, July 6, 2011
- Co-author, "Recognizing and Fulfilling Fiduciary Duties in the Bankruptcy Zone," 2008 Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference, November 13-14, 2008
- Co-author, "A Post-BAPCPA Look At Lease Assumption And Rejection, Key Employee Incentive Plans, And Reclamation," State Bar Of Texas, 25th Annual Advanced Business Bankruptcy Course, February 22-23, 2007
- "Bankruptcy Impact on Key Constituencies," in-house legal presentation, Las Colinas, Texas, May 2009
- State Bars of Texas, North Carolina and Alabama
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Heart House Dallas – Member, Board of Directors
- Visible Music College - Member, Board of Trustees