Related services and key industries
Greg Moore joined the Houston location in 2006. As a partner, he focuses his practice on litigation matters, with a particular focus on business disputes, insurance, and professional services litigation. Greg has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in complex commercial litigation cases in state and federal court and in arbitrations conducted pursuant to FINRA, AAA, and CPR rules.
JD, Georgetown Law, Georgetown University, 2006
BA, Classical Studies, Duke University, 2002
- Federal Court License
- Texas State Bar
- Represented a Fortune 50 home improvement store in Federal Court in defense of $5 million contractual indemnity claims related to a joint venture project.
- Represented large oilfield services company in an arbitration claim for more than $106 million related to earnout agreement.
- Represented large oilfield services company in a class action lawsuit in Federal Court under the Fair Labor Standards Act ("FLSA") related to claims that employees were forced to work off the clock.
- Represented multiple broker dealers and registered investment advisors in defense of suitability, churning, failure to monitor, and failure to supervise claims in FINRA Arbitrations and state court lawsuits pursuant to Errors and Omissions and Directors' and Officers' Liability Policies.
- Represented insurers in first-party property insurance disputes related to large commercial claims emanating from Hurricanes Katrina and Ike.
- Represented attorney in legal malpractice case in state court.
- Represented refining company in state court litigation for alleged breach of employment contract.
- Represented large non-profit debt counseling service company in breach of contract lawsuits in state courts.
- Represented stadium owners in Federal Court in defense of breach of contract claims.
- Represented alternative energy company in Federal Court in defense of breach of contract claims related to an energy project in Mexico.
- Texas Rising Star, business litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2012 - 2021
- Under 40 Hot List, General Commercial, Benchmark Litigation, Euromoney PLC, 2016
- Local Litigation Star, General Commercial, Benchmark Litigation, Euromoney PLC, 2018
- Co-author, The Property Insurance Litigators Handbook, ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, 2007
- Board of Directors - Texas Medical Center
- Board of Directors - Houston Bar Association
- Secretary - Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Chair of Dispute Resolution Center
- Co-Chair, HBA Professionalism Committee