Jesika Silva Blanco
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Jesika Silva BlancovCard
Related services and key industries
Jesika Silva Blanco joined the Houston office in September 2015. As a senior associate in the employment and labor group, Jesika represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including representation before administrative agencies and the early phases of litigation. In addition to her litigation experience, Jesika's practice also focuses on counseling employers on day-to-day legal issues, including internal investigations, separation agreements, and non-compete agreements.
JD, with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2015
BA, Sociology, Harvard College, 2012
While in law school, Jesika served as a Teaching Quizmaster for the Legal Research & Writing Program for two years and was a member of the Texas Hispanic Journal of Law and Policy.
- Texas State Bar
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for a major oil and gas company involving ERISA claims.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for an educational institution involving claims of race discrimination and retaliation under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for a global building materials company involving claims of age discrimination and retaliation under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment for a retail client in an arbitration involving claims of pregnancy discrimination under the Louisiana Employment Discrimination Law and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
- Successfully excluded a proffered expert in a consolidated matter involving three collective action Fair Labor Standards Act cases.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of foreign parent company in a lawsuit against its subsidiary involving Title VII discrimination claims.
- Successfully obtained several favorable settlements in lawsuits involving claims of discrimination under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
- Represented employers before federal and state agencies, such as the EEOC and the Texas Workforce Commission, including investigating and drafting position statements in response to EEOC Charges.
- Handled numerous internal investigations involving alleged violations of company policies and various federal statutes, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, and whistleblower provisions under the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Co-author, "US Supreme Court broadens interpretation of the ministerial exception for religious employers," July 2020
Presenter, "The Changing Landscape of Independent Contractor Versus Employee Laws" - Webinar, February 2019
Presenter, "Wage and Hour Law From Obama to Trump: Where Do We Stand Now" - Live CLE, January 2020
- State Bar of Texas
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
Publication | July 09, 2020
Webinar | February 21, 2019