Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Ellie Norris, a Senior Associate in the Firm's products, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and mass tort litigation group, focuses her practice on high-stakes, complex disputes with a special emphasis on representation of pharmaceutical companies. Ellie has represented companies at various levels of the pharmaceutical supply chain, applying her industry knowledge and outside-the-box thinking to create tailor-made strategies for her clients' specific needs. Ellie represents clients in all types of product liability actions, MDLs and class actions, and a wide range of commercial disputes in both state and federal court. She has experience defending clients against economic loss, consumer protection, and deceptive practices claims brought by individuals, third-party payers, and state governments and has experience with antitrust cases, federal pre-emption issues, and general business litigation.
Ellie recently served as second chair in a high-stakes pharmaceutical litigation, as well as a member of both pharmacovigilance and sales and marketing national teams in a complex pharmaceutical MDL. Additionally, Ellie has assisted with discovery and strategy issues and has participated in the development of case resolution strategies and pre- and post- litigation risk assessment models.
- JD, with honors and pro bono honors, University of Texas School of Law, 2017
- BA, cum laude, Philosophy and Political Science, Southern Methodist University, 2014
While in law school, Ellie was a Symposium Editor for The Review of Litigation and a student attorney for the Criminal Defense Clinic.
At Southern Methodist University, Ellie was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, Mortar Board National Honor Society, and Alpha Lambda Delta. Ellie was selected for the University Honors Program and as a Cary M. Maguire Center for Ethics and Public Responsibility Public Service Fellow. Ellie served as President of Mortar Board and as Chief Operations Officer of Kappa Alpha Theta.
- Texas State Bar
- Legal 500 US, Rising Star, Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices, The Legal 500, 2020 – 2023
- Legal 500 US, Recommended Lawyer, Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices, The Legal 500, 2020 – 2023
- Top Women Attorneys, Class Action/Mass Torts, Texas Monthly, January 2023
- Texas Rising Star, Class Action, Super Lawyers, 2022 – 2023
- Top Rated Class Action & Mass Torts Attorney in Dallas, TX, Super Lawyers, 2022 – 2023