Veronica Portillo Kendrick
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Veronica Portillo KendrickvCard
Related services and key industries
Veronica joined the Dallas office of Norton Rose Fulbright in 2016 as a member of the disputes group. Focusing her practice on commercial litigation, she has represented hospital systems, national financial institutions, large movie theater chains, telecommunications companies, and publicly-traded companies in federal, state, and arbitration forums throughout the country. Her experience includes a broad spectrum of subject matters, including healthcare disputes, complex contractual disputes, antitrust cases, theft of trade secrets cases, construction litigation, defending claims under telemarketing and communications laws, and employment disputes.
JD, with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2016
BA, honors, Humanities, The University of Texas, 2011
- Texas State Bar
- Successfully obtained a take-nothing arbitration award for a physician network in a breach of contract dispute.
- Defended global chemical company as part of trial team in three-week arbitration in a complex contract dispute arising from construction of a large chemical complex, resulting in a favorable outcome for the firm's client.
- Litigated four criminal jury trials as lead attorney for the prosecution through the firm's lawyer-on-loan program, successfully obtaining a jury verdict for the prosecution in each case.
- Represented publicly traded theatre company as part of trial team in six-week antitrust trial in California state court.
- Defended client in case involving claims for tortious interference and violations of telecommunications laws, asserted counterclaims and successfully obtained preliminary injunction and favorable rulings against plaintiff.
- Represented insurance company in defending against claims and asserting counterclaims for trade secret infringement, ultimately negotiating favorable settlement for the client.
- Defended financial services company and successfully obtained a monetary settlement for the client after asserting counterclaims against the plaintiff.
- Represented a healthcare provider as the plaintiff in a multi-party breach of contract suit in federal court, and successfully briefed cross-motions for summary judgment against multiple defendants before a magistrate judge, resulting in a favorable monetary settlement in client's favor.