Alicia M. Grant
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Alicia Grant is a litigation associate in the firm's products, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and mass tort litigation group. Alicia's practice focuses on all aspects of product liability actions, mass tort, and complex commercial litigation in state and federal court, including class actions and multi-district litigation. Her recent experience includes the successful defense of a global corporation against false advertisement claims in a federal class action litigation and first chairing a bench trial in state court.
Prior to law school, Alicia had a 10-year career with the Bexar County Appraisal District where she gained extensive experience in arbitration, mediation, and other alternative dispute resolutions. Alicia builds on this experience to provide effective case resolution strategies. Before joining the firm, she clerked for the Honorable Tony M. Davis, United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Western District of Texas.
- JD, cum laude, St. Mary's University School of Law, 2016
- BA, Business Management, University of Texas - San Antonio, 2007
In law school, Alicia was the Senior Associate Editor of the St. Mary's Law Journal and competed nationally as an Oralist and Brief Writer for the External Advocacy Moot Court Team. Alicia was a member of the John Marshall Harlan Honor Society and part of the 2016 Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas. She also interned for the Honorable Edward C. Prado of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and the Honorable Sandee Bryan Marion, Chief Justice of the Texas Fourth Court of Appeals.
- Texas State Bar
- Successfully obtained early resolution through dismissal of class action claims in state court.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of a financial institution involving claims of race discrimination and retaliation under Title VII.
- Successfully obtained early dismissal of breach of contract claim and an award of attorney fees.
- Represented employers before federal and state agencies, such as the EEOC and the Texas Workforce Commission, including investigating and drafting position statements in response to EEOC Charges.
- Defense of Texas bank in connection with defense of CARES Act/PayCheck Protection Program-related claims in multiple forums.
- Management of complex discovery in multi-district litigation.
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: Automotive/transport, The Legal 500, 2023
- Top Attorneys – Product Liability, San Antonio Magazine, 2022
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Best Lawyers, 2022 - 2024
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers, 2022 - 2024
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, Best Lawyers, 2022 - 2024
- Texas Rising Star, Personal Injury - Products: Defense, Thomson Reuters, 2023
- Best S.A. Lawyers, Business Litigation, San Antonio Scene Magazine, 2021
- Young Distinguished Alumni of the Year, St. Mary's University Alumni Association, 2021
- Belva Lockwood Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, Bexar County Women's Bar Association, 2020
- Rising Star, San Antonio Scene Magazine, 2019-2020
- 2018 Global Inclusion Award, Norton Rose Fulbright
- Co-Author, "New Arrows in the Defense Quiver Addressing Medical Expense Damages," For The Defense, September 2021, Vol. 63, No. 9
- Author, "Texas Lawyer's Creed: Exploring Its Origin and Impact over the Past Quarter of a Century," St. Mary's Journal for Legal Malpractice & Ethics, 2016
- Guest Lecturer, "Foundations of Lawyering"- St. Mary's University, School of Law, January 2022
- Moderator, "Black Excellence: Trailblazers, Standouts, and Icons in the Legal Profession"- Norton Rose Fulbright Racial Equity Council, July 2021
- Panelist, "Acts of Allyship" - Bexar County Women's Bar CLE Event, July 2020
- Moderator, "Texas Supreme Court Practice in the Covid-19 Era"- Bexar County Women's Bar CLE Event, June 2020
- Presenter, "Best Practices for Appealing Ad Valorem Valuations"- Bexar County Women's Bar CLE Lunch, March 2020
- Presenter, "Behind the Veil: Unique Individuals, Unique Skills, Unique Prospective" - Annual Legal Seminar on Ad Valorem Taxation, September 2019
- Panelist, "Uniquely Qualified-Judicial Clerks' Perspectives on Litigation" - St. Mary's University, School of Law, April 2018
- Bexar County Women's Bar Association and Foundation LEAD Academy, Steering Committee
- Texas State Bar- Texas Minority Counsel Program, Steering Committee
- Youth Orchestras of San Antonio, Board Member
- San Antonio Legal Services Association, Board of Directors
- National Association of Women Lawyers
Webinar | October 24, 2023
Webinar | July 06, 2022