Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Stephanie's practice focuses on patent litigation and appeals. She is experienced at handling all phases of complex patent litigation, including written discovery and document production, fact and expert witness depositions, Markman briefing and hearings, dispositive motion briefing and hearings, trials, and mediation/settlement. Stephanie also regularly practices in the Federal Circuit, having briefed and argued numerous patent appeals on behalf of a wide variety of clients.
Stephanie represents clients in a wide array of technological fields, including wired and wireless networking, wireless telecommunication networks, power-over-ethernet, e-commerce systems, internet marketing, oil and gas tools and systems, heavy machinery, and computer systems (including software and hardware).
In addition to her patent litigation experience, Stephanie tried seven jury trials to verdict while serving as a Deputy Prosecutor for the City of Austin in conjunction with the firm's attorney loan program. Before attending law school, Stephanie worked as an engineer for a semiconductor equipment manufacturer. Following law school, she served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Timothy B. Dyk of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Stephanie is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and all United States District Courts in Texas.
JD, with honors, University of Texas School of Law, 2010
BS, Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2003
While in law school, Stephanie was a member of the Texas Law Review and served as the Managing Director of the Legal Research Board. Following law school, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Timothy B. Dyk of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Stephanie is admitted as a patent attorney before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and is also admitted to practice in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and all United States District Courts in Texas.
- Texas State Bar
- US Patent & Trademark Attorney
- Defended a large computer company in patent litigation in federal district court involving patents related to power-over-ethernet technology. The case settled favorably a few days before trial.
- Defended a large telecommunications company in patent litigation in federal district court involving patents relating to mesh-network technology. Obtained a dismissal shortly before the Markman hearing.
- Represented a large equipment manufacturer in patent infringement and trade secret litigation before the International Trade Commission. The team obtained a 10-year exclusion order for products utilizing the patented and trade secret technology.
- Represented e-commerce companies in appeals to the Federal Circuit from post-grant review proceedings. Obtained affirmance of favorable ruling and reversal of unfavorable ruling from the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Texas Rising Star, Intellectual Property, Thomson Reuters, 2018 - 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America, Litigation - Patent, Best Lawyers, 2021
- Moderator for panel discussion on Settlement of IP Cases, Texas Bar CLE, Advanced Intellectual Property Law Conference, February 2021
- Moderator for Judges Panel including Judge Alan Albright of the Western District of Texas and Judge Cathy Ann Bencivengo of the Southern District of California, Institute for Law and Technology's 58th Annual Conference on Intellectual Property Law, November 2020
- "Damages, Apportionment, and Lost Profits in Patent Cases", University of Texas Advanced Patent Law Institute, November 2018
- "Legacy of the Supreme Court--Is Anyone Really Listening?", AIPLA Mid-Winter Institute, January 2018
- "Supreme Court and Federal Circuit Year In Review", Austin Intellectual Property Law Association, February 2017
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Honorable Lee Yeakel IP Inn of Court
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Pro Bono attorney for American Gateways
- Volunteer for GirlStart