Related services and key industries
Katie advises clients in a broad range of transactional and development matters covering all asset classes, including: acquisitions and dispositions of assets for development and investment; real estate finance (including debt and equity); project finance; leasing and hospitality; condominiums and community governance; and land use and entitlements. She represents real estate developers and investors, lenders and borrowers, landlords and tenants, and emerging companies.
Katie is passionate about developing innovative technology solutions to support and enhance legal services, and leads one of the firm's innovation initiatives. She also serves as the Co-Chair of Women in Norton Rose Fulbright (WiN) for the Austin office and as the President of the board of Texas Accountants & Lawyers for the Arts, which provides pro bono legal and accounting services to Texas artists and arts nonprofits.
- JD, Tulane University, 2012
- BBA, The University of Texas at Austin, 2009
- Texas State Bar
- Representation of a national multifamily developer in the acquisition, development, and financing of multiple $100MM+ projects. Representation includes handling acquisitions of property, development matters, and complex financing transactions (including acquisition loans, construction loans, joint ventures, mezzanine loans, and bond financings).
- Representation of an international developer in all aspects of acquisition and development, and disposition, of office and multifamily projects, including negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, due diligence, joint ventures, finance, and condominium and community governance matters. Representative projects are located in Seattle, Washington, Southern California, and Austin, Texas.
- Representation of high volume bridge lenders in providing first lien mortgage financing in the range of $4MM to $50MM for value-add real estate projects across the US.
- Representation of emerging real estate technology companies in all aspects of their businesses relating to real estate, including local, state, and national regulatory matters.
- Representation of various landlords and tenants with respect to negotiating leases for office, industrial, and retail.
- Representation of a national hospitality company in the acquisition of a Class A apartment building in downtown Austin, Texas, including obtaining approval from the City of the building for timeshare use.
- Board President, Texas Accountants & Lawyers for the Arts (TALA)
- Member, Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member, Real Estate Council of Austin (RECA)