Matthew J. B. Gurch
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Matthew J. B. GurchvCard
Related services and key industries
Matt Gurch’s practice focuses on the representation of public and private entities in domestic and international project finance, energy and infrastructure projects.
JD, New York University School of Law, 2007
AB, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Duke University, 2003
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York State Bar
- Represented the US Department of Energy in connection with US$8.3 billion in guaranteed loans to Georgia Power Company, Oglethorpe Power Corporation, and Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia for the financing of the US$14 billion, 2,214 MW Vogtle nuclear power project in Georgia.
- Represented International Finance Corporation, European Investment Bank, and OPEC Fund for International Development in the financing of a 117MW wind farm in Jordan, the first independent renewable energy project in Jordan and Project Finance Magazine’s “Middle Eastern Renewables Deal of the Year 2013.”
- Represented Google in its investment in a 96 MW solar photovoltaic facility in South Africa.
- Represented Sumitomo Corporation of Americas in the financing of a 200 MW wind farm in Texas.
- Represented Duke Energy Corporation and Sumitomo Corporation of Americas as co-sponsors in the financing of a 299 MW wind portfolio in Kansas.
- Represented private equity investor in the acquisition of a US$220 million stake in Latin America's largest natural gas pipeline.
- Represented consortium of international lenders in the project financing (US$680+ million) of the construction and operation of an ultra-deepwater offshore drillship located in Brazil.
- Represented Saudi Arabian sponsor in the development of third-party projects to supply water, steam and power to an integrated refinery and petrochemical joint venture.
- Represented consortium of international underwriters in a project bond offering (US$1.5 billion) to refinance secured project financings for the construction of ultra-deepwater offshore drillships located in Brazil.
- Represented a major US power producer in its US$1.65 billion purchase of 4,490 megawatts of power generation assets.
- Represented a leading European electric utility in connection with the restructuring of several cross-border leases involving approximately US$6 billion in assets.
- Represented consortium in its US$2+ billion bid for the privatization of a US airport.
- Cornerstone Award, Lawyers Alliance for New York, 2010
- White & Case LLP (New York), Energy, Infrastructure and Project Finance, Associate, 2007-2011