Lauren T. Lee
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Lauren T. LeevCard
Related services and key industries
Lauren Lee focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, including environmental, products liability and contract matters. Ms. Lee has successfully defended major corporations in class action suits involving complex environmental claims, unfair trade practices and marketing claims, and allegations of personal injury and property damage. Now based in San Francisco, Ms. Lee began her practice in our New York office and continues to maintain an active litigation practice in New York state and federal courts.
Before Ms. Lee joined, we sponsored her as a pro bono Legal Fellow at The Door, which serves low-income and at-risk youth in New York City. As a Fellow, Ms. Lee represented undocumented immigrant youth in removal (deportation) proceedings before the New York Immigration Court and in related proceedings in the New York State court system. Ms. Lee obtained Lawful Permanent Residence (a "green card") for dozens of abused, neglected, and persecuted children. Ms. Lee remains active in the Firm's pro bono practice and has represented asylum seekers before the New York Immigration Court and Asylum Office.
JD, New York University School of Law, 2012
BA, summa cum laude, College of William & Mary, 2007
- California State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Member of trial team in lawsuit brought by major insurance company against third-party claims administrator alleging breach of contract and conversion. Tried case to jury verdict in New York federal court, securing all requested relief, including compensatory and punitive damages.
- Obtained completed victory for Fortune 500 company in environmental contamination suit under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, which was affirmed by the Seventh Circuit, after prevailing on all claims at summary judgment and a bench trial.
- Defeated class certification in putative nationwide class action alleging deceptive marketing of anti-cellulite and anti-aging creams against major international cosmetics company, after which the action was dismissed.
- Defeated class certification of putative class of thousands of plaintiffs alleging personal injury and property damages related to groundwater contamination and vapor intrusion, including excluding opinions of plaintiffs' proffered expert. Defeated remand to state court under the Class Action Fairness Act in the same case.
- Defend Fortune 500 company against personal injury and property damage claims in mass action related to alleged asbestos exposure.
- Obtained favorable resolution for aviation company in breach of contract suit against lessee in New York state court.
- Defend major manufacturing company in mass action suit in Indiana state court against various tort claims related to alleged exposure to chlorinated volatile organic compounds in groundwater.
- Defend major pharmaceutical company in breach of contract action with product supplier in New York federal court.
- Represent renewable energy company in contract dispute related to development of solar energy projects in New York state court.
- Represent renewable energy company in real property dispute in California state court.
- Represented renewable energy company in contract dispute in Wyoming state court related to development of wind projects and obtained favorable dismissal of action.
- Defend New York City not-for-profit corporation in contract dispute in New York state court.
- Obtained asylum before the New York Immigration Court for father and son fleeing gang violence in Central America.
- Obtained asylum before the New York Asylum Office for mother and children fleeing domestic violence subsequent to Attorney General's decision in Matter of A-B.
- Rising Star, New York Metro Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Pro Bono All Stars, 2018
- Hy Frankel Award in Law and Social Welfare, 2012
- Contributor, "Commercial division update: Reliance or inducement in pleading an unjust enrichment claim," New York Law Journal, October 15, 2020
- Co-author, "INSIGHT: Using E-Signatures and Remote Notarization—What You Should Know," Bloomberg Law, May 11, 2020
- "Hot Topics in Discovery," Norton Rose Fulbright Business Litigation Summit, November 14, 2018
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Chadbourne & Parke Fellow at The Door, Legal Services Center, 2012-2014
September 29, 2022
October 20, 2021