S. Ward Atterbury
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
S. Ward AtterburyvCard
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Private equity and venture capital
- Corporate governance
- Corporate finance
- Equity capital markets
- Debt capital markets
- Banking and finance
S. Ward Atterbury focuses on private equity transactions for fund sponsors and their portfolio companies and related corporate governance matters. His extensive experience in this sector focusses on representing private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies in structuring and executing platform investments, add-on acquisitions, and full and partial exit transaction together with related corporate governance and shareholder matters and financings. Ward is well-versed in the disposition and exit strategies available to parties seeking to dispose of investments, including full and partial sales, initial public offerings and joint ventures. He also advises private equity investors making structured control and non-control equity and debt investments.
In addition to his private equity practice, Ward represents sellers and buyers in public and private domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and restructurings in sectors such as financial services, insurance, entertainment and media, telecommunications, metals and heavy and light industry. He has advised boards of directors and special committees regarding the proposed sale of various public companies.
JD, University of Virginia School of Law, Order of the Coif, 1992
BS, Yale University, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1989
- Connecticut State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Represented BDT Capital Partners in connection with its investment in Whatabrands LLC, the parent of Whataburger restaurants.
- Represented Select Express & Logistics, a LongueVue Capital portfolio company and national provider of last mile delivery and assembly services, in the acquisition of Go Configure.
- Represented LongueVue Capital, a New Orleans-based private equity firm, in the sale of all its ownership interests in AZT Technology, LLC to CCI AZT, LLC.
- Represented CORE Industrial Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm, on the acquisition of GPI Prototype & Manufacturing Services, LLC by CORE portfolio company FATHOM.
- Represented CORE Industrial Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm, in the acquisition of the majority of the equity interests of Arizona Natural Resources, a Phoenix-based beauty manufacturing business.
- Represented Liberty Steel, the GFG Alliance's global steel manufacturing arm in the acquisition of Keystone Consolidated Industries from Contran Corp.
- Represented CORE Industrial Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm, in the acquisition of a controlling interest in Fleco Industries, LLC and Saylite, LLC, a provider of lighting products, fixtures, controls and solutions.
- Represented JPW Industries, Inc., a Gamut portfolio company, in the acquisition of Baileigh Industrial Holdings LLC, a leading marketer, manufacturer and distributor of over 500 metalworking and woodworking products.
- Represented CORE Industrial Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm, in the financing and acquisition of Midwest Composite Technologies, Inc., a Wisconsin-based additive manufacturing business.
- Represented LongueVue Capital, a New Orleans-based private equity firm in the acquisition of Select Express & Logistics, a national provider of last mile delivery and assembly services.
- Represented Torrecom, L.P. a leading provider of mobile telephony infrastructure in Latin America in connection with multiple debt and equity financings.
- Represented Gamut Capital and JPW Industries, Inc., a Gamut portfolio company, and leading global designer, manufacturer and distributor of branded metalworking and woodworking equipment and specialty shop tools in connection with the acquisition of Baileigh Industrial Holdings LLC, a leading marketer, manufacturer and distributor of over 500 metalworking and woodworking products.
- Represented LongueVue Capital in the acquisition of Soho Studios LLC, a national provider of last mile delivery and assembly services.
- Represented CORE Industrial Partners in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Fleco Industries, LLC and Saylite, LLC, a provider of lighting products, fixtures, controls and solutions.
- Representation of LongueVue Capital in the acquisition of Azimuth Technologies, LLC, a manufacturer of firearms components.
- Representation of a large sovereign wealth fund in connection with connection with its structured investment in a significant provider of entertainment content.
- Representation of the investment arm of a Bermuda based-insurance company in various insuretech and venture investments.
- Dealmaker of the year, The American Lawyer, 2008
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Mergers & Acquisitions, Thomson Reuters, 2012, 2014 - 2020
- Mergers and Acquisitions, Expert Guides, 2020
- Co-author with Amanda Wait and Lisa Schapira, "How Minority Shareholders Can Limit FTC Antitrust Scrutiny," Law360, June 3, 2020
- Member, Law360 Editorial Advisory Board, Mergers & Acquisitions
December 22, 2021
June 03, 2021
September 10, 2019
Publication | June 16, 2022
Publication | March 23, 2022
Publication | February 14, 2022
Publication | January 31, 2022