Mohammed Al-Ghamdi Law Firm - In Association with Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP*
Related services and key industries
Ahsan is an associate in the Corporate, M&A and Securities practice group based in Riyadh.
Before relocating to the Middle East, Ahsan worked with the corporate team of a boutique firm based in Houston. During this time, he advised on company formations, trademark matters, re-structuring, acquisitions, and negotiation and drafting of various commercial agreements.
In 2017, Ahsan moved to the Middle East to join the region's largest law firm. Working between their UAE and Saudi offices, Ahsan was involved in advising regional and international clients in joint venture arrangements, franchise and distribution agreements, management agreements, securities advice, anti-trust advice, and various other commercial agreements.
Ahsan's current practice focuses primarily on corporate and commercial matters.
JD, Dean's Honor List, South Texas College of Law Houston, 2013
BBA, Business Management, University of Texas at San Antonio, 2010
- Texas State Bar
- Advising Ensco Plc. on the Saudi Arabian competition law aspects of its merger by scheme of arrangement with Rowan Companies Plc. The work involved advice in relation to a merger control filing and obtaining clearance from the General Authority for Competition.
- Advising a global transportation network company with a focus on peer-to-peer ridesharing on the Saudi Arabian competition law filing requirements in its acquisition of a major regional ridesharing company.
- Advising a global transportation network company, with a focus on peer-to-peer ridesharing, on the direct offering of shares into Saudi Arabia in connection with its IPO in the United States of America.
- Advising one of the largest private-sector conglomerates in Turkey on setting up a JV to open and operate high end restaurants in Saudi Arabia. The work involved advising on the JV structure, and drafting, negotiating, and reviewing a suite of related documents including a framework agreement, share subscription agreement, shareholders agreement, license agreement, and management agreement.
- Reviewing and advising on a design consultancy services contract for the interior design of an aircraft for a high end Italian design company. The work included reviewing the agreement from a local law aspect and advising on the Saudi Arabian Government Tenders and Procurement law.
- Advising on the Saudi Arabian aspects of a global spin off by a major American technology company, known for manufacturing semiconductor chips, and its security software company. The work included setting up a new Saudi Arabian entity for the security software company and advising on the local asset transfer agreement.
- Advising an Australian based franchised specialty Coffeehouse Company, with global outlets, on a trademark opposition and dispute in Saudi Arabia. The work included reviewing the background of a decade long trademark dispute and advising on the next steps in resolution of the dispute.
- Advising a multi-national organization on fundraising activities in Saudi Arabia. The work included advising on the regulatory regime in Saudi Arabia in relation to raising and transfer of funds in and out of the country.
- Providing Saudi law advice to, and reviewing standard form master dealership agreements for, a luxury European car manufacturer.
- Advising Aster DM Healthcare in relation to the UAE aspects of its listing on the National Securities Exchange in India and its subsequent IPO, including complex cross-border restructuring across the GCC. The work included assisting in conducting the due diligence and restructuring prior to the IPO.
- Advising foreign pharmaceutical companies on the import and distribution of drugs and medical devices in Saudi Arabia.
- Advising foreign companies on the Saudi Arabian commercial agency regime including drafting, reviewing, and advising on distribution and franchise agreements.