Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Danette (Dani) Davis is a real estate lawyer who focuses on complex commercial transactions including real estate finance, acquisitions, dispositions, development, construction and leasing. Dani works with lenders, developers, owners and tenants to structure, document, negotiate and close real property transactions in nearly every asset class.
Dani has structured and closed real estate financing transactions secured by real property throughout the United States and across several asset classes, including multifamily properties, office, shopping center, hotel and resort, stadium and school properties. Dani represents domestic and foreign financial institutions, including commercial banks, mortgage lenders, life insurance companies and real estate investment trusts (REITs), on a wide variety of loan transactions, with particular experience in construction and term financings. In addition to conventional loans, she frequently represents agent banks in connection with syndicated credit facilities. She also represents lenders in relation to the enforcement of loan obligations, workouts and foreclosures.
Dani provides counsel and representation in connection with construction and development projects, advising on complex contracts across diverse project-delivery methodologies, including design-bid-build, design-build, and engineering, procurement and construction; and on related management agreements, subcontracts, professional service contracts and other ancillary documents. She has prepared and negotiated contracts, including AIA® and ConsensusDocs™ modifications, for the construction, design and engineering of public and private projects throughout the US and abroad.
Dani is accredited by the US Green Building Council as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP).
JD, magna cum laude, St. Louis University, 2007
BS, Finance, summa cum laude, Truman State University, 2003
- Illinois State Bar
- Missouri State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Chambers USA, Highly regarded, real estate lawyer, Chambers and Partners, 2020 - 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate, Best Lawyers, 2021
- Recognized as a leader in superior client service for Real Estate in the BTI Client Service All-Stars, 2019
- Missouri and Kansas Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2013–2020
- "Most Influential Business Women," St. Louis Business Journal, 2016
- Commercial Real Estate Women St. Louis (CREW-St. Louis) Deal of the Year Award, 2013
- "Up and Coming Lawyer," Missouri Lawyers Weekly, 2012
- Woman of the Year, The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, 2010
- Commercial Real Estate Women St. Louis (CREW-St. Louis), Board of Directors, 2014-2016
- Duo, Inc., Board of Directors and Board Governance Committee, 2010-2016
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association