Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Trademarks and brands
- Trade secrets
- Securities litigation, regulation and enforcement
- Intellectual property
Key industry sectors
James H. Turken is an experienced and prominent litigation trial lawyer, having tried more than 60 jury trials, along with numerous bench trials and arbitrations nationally. A member of the litigation practice group, James concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, intellectual property, trade secrets and market practices, trademarks, copyrights, securities litigation and enforcement defense, construction and labor and employment litigation.
- JD, cum laude, Southwestern Law School, 1979
- Southwestern Law Review
- BA, Loyola University, 1975; UCLA
- California State Bar
- Secured a US$1.6 million jury award and $2 million in attorneys' fees for members of the Young Leadership Group of Friends of the Israel Defense Forces in a discrimination case against the Shangri La Hotel and its owner, Tehmina Adaya, primarily for violations of the Unruh Civil Rights Act.
- Defended a public company in a binding arbitration brought by another public company in a suit seeking damages of approximately US$1 billion for alleged breaches of a merger and related agreements.
- Successfully defended a series of lawsuits in a securities class action filed in federal court in Kentucky, as well as actions filed in California state court, seeking damages in excess of US$250 million.
- Defended Techmedia, a Korean computer manufacturer, in a lawsuit brought by TAE IL Media, Ltd., its U.S. distributor, seeking US$500 million in damages and obtained a US$121 million jury verdict on the cross complaint. The case was noted by The National Law Journal as one of the largest jury verdicts of the year.
- Defended through a jury trial patent and copyright infringement actions brought against IDB Communications, a publicly traded satellite communications company, in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
- Martindale-Hubbell, Rated AV® Preeminent ™
- Best Lawyers - Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers, 2016 – 2021, 2023 – 2024
- Top Litigators & Trial Lawyers, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2019
- West Coast's Top Rated Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell, 2019
- Southern California Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2004 – 2023
- Top Attorneys in Southern California, Los Angeles Magazine, 2017
- Best Lawyers - Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers, 2022
- Featured, "Leaders in Law," Los Angeles Business Journal, October 15, 2019
- Featured, "Los Angeles Office Leads Growth of Greenspoon Marder," Daily Journal, April 22, 2019
- Quoted, "Beverly Hills Boutique Gets New Name Amid Partner Departures," The Recorder, May 10, 2018
Webinar | January 24, 2023
Webinar | January 25, 2022
Webinar | June 23, 2021