Ann La Morena Rohlin
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Ann La Morena RohlinvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Ann La Morena focuses her practice on public finance matters. Since joining the Los Angeles location in 2001, she has handled both short-term and long-term financings for K-12 schools, community college districts, hospital districts, cities, counties, joint powers authorities and other public agencies.
She has represented clients on tax and revenue anticipation note financings, general obligation bond elections and financings, certificates of participation, teeter plan obligation notes and lease revenue bond transactions.
Ann's clients include school districts, community colleges, hospital districts, cities, counties, joint powers authorities and investment banking firms.
Previously, Ann served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Charles A. Legge, United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
JD, University of California, Hastings College of the Law
BA, Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles
During law school, Ann competed on a national moot court team, winning first place in the Thomas Tang Moot Court Competition for the Western Region. She also served as a moot court teaching assistant, coached the Hastings Jessup International moot court team and was a member of the Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal.
Ann was admitted to practice law in California and before the U.S. District Court, Central District of California, in 2001.
- California State Bar
Her recent significant matters include:
- Serving as Bond Counsel, Underwriter's Counsel and Disclosure Counsel for school districts, community college districts, hospital districts, cities, counties, joint powers authorities (JPAs) and other public agencies
- Disclosure Counsel to the second largest school district in the State of California, including the issuance of Tax and Revenue Anticipation Notes, General Obligation Bonds, General Obligation Refunding Bonds and Qualified School Construction Bonds with a collective aggregate principal amount of approximately $6.6 billion
- Bond Counsel to a County Financing Authority in connection with a multi-participant $107 million refunding of certain Water Project Revenue Bonds
- Assisted as Bond and Disclosure Counsel to the largest community college district in the United States, including three general obligation bond elections totaling approximately $5.7 billion in voter-approved bond authorization
- Represents major investment banking firms in structuring, marketing and selling tax-exempt and taxable bonds for utilities, education and general government purposes
- Assisting in representing water and utility districts throughout California in financing extensions and improvements to public systems
- Southern California Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2006, 2008 - 2010
- Disclosure Counsel and Finance Team Member, The Bond Buyer's 2016 Deal of the Year
- "Continuing Disclosure, Additional Reporting and Legislative Updates," Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE) School District Training Summit, LACOE Education Center, Downey, California, September 2018
- "Municipal Disclosure Practices and Pitfalls for Local Governments," San Gabriel Valley Civic Alliance Educational Speaker Series, El Monte, California, May 2018
- "Planning, Managing and Financing Your District's Bond Program," California Latino School Boards Association (CLSBA) 2017 Unity Conference, Del Mar, California, October 2017
- Workshop on Continuing Disclosure and the Municipalities Continuing Disclosure Cooperation (MCDC) Initiative, Los Angeles County Office of Education, Downey, California, July 2014
- "General Obligation Bond Elections and Hot Topics in School Finance," Orange, California, April 2014
- "AB 182 and The New Norm: What to Expect in 2014 and Beyond with Local General Obligation Bonds," California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO) Annual Conference and California School Business Expo, Sacramento, California, April 2014
- "General Obligation Bond Elections - An Overview from Bond Counsel's Perspective," Southern California School Construction Summit, Los Angeles, California, February 2012
- "2010 QSCB Allocation: Qualified School Construction Bonds, Interest-Subsidized Funding for K-12 Districts," Web Seminar, Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., Los Angeles, California, October 2010
- National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO) - Associate Member
- Coalition for Adequate School Housing (C.A.S.H.)
- Norton Rose Fulbright Diversity Advisory Committee (2009 - 2014)
- Norton Rose Fulbright Los Angeles Office Women's Initiative (WiN), Chairperson (2009 - 2016)
- Norton Rose Fulbright Los Angeles Office Recruiting Committee (2003 - 2016)