Related services and key industries
Shaun Clyne is a corporate lawyer based in Sydney.
Shaun regularly advises on a wide range of corporate and securities law issues for public listed companies including takeovers, schemes of arrangement and capital raisings. He advises on Australian Stock Exchange compliance matters and regularly acts for both bidders and targets in connection with takeover bids and schemes of arrangement (hostile and friendly) for ASX-listed companies.
A leading practitioner in equity capital markets, Shaun has also advised numerous companies on their initial public offerings and capital raisings (rights issues, AREO’s, placements, employee share and options plans).
Shaun has presented at a variety of seminars and conferences and published several papers in his areas of specialisation.
His areas of expertise are mergers and acquisitions, corporate advisory and capital markets.
- White Canyon Uranium, an ASX and TSX listed company, in relation to the off market takeover by Denison Mines Corp.
- TPG Telecom Limited, in connection with its off-market takeover offer for IntraPower Limited.
- Triple Point Technology, Inc, in relation to its hostile off-market takeover bid for QMASTOR Limited.
- Innamincka Petroleum Limited in relation to its recapitalisation, involving a pro-rata rights issue and placement, in addition to the scheme of arrangement for its acquisition by Drillsearch Energy Limited.
- Essa Australia Limited, in connection with the off-market takeover offer by FLSmidth & Co. A/S
- itX Group Limited’s successful merger with Avenet Technology Solutions (Australia) Pty Ltd by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Galilee Energy Limited in connection with the disposal of its New Zealand subsidiary, Eastern Resources Group, to Bathurst Resources Limited.
- Dexion Limited off-market takeover bid by GUD Holdings Limited.
- Industrea Ltd in connection with the acquisition of AJ Lucas Group Underground In Seam Services Business.
- Industrea Ltd in connection with its underwritten institutional placement.
- Drillsearch Energy in relation to its successful defence of the hostile off-market takeover offer by Beach Petroleum.
- Anzon Australia in relation to its proposed mergers by way of scheme of arrangement with ARC Energy Limited and Nexus Energy Limited and ultimately its off-market takeover by Roc Oil Limited.
- Infrastructure Capital Group in relation to Energy Infrastructure Trust’s investment in WestSide Corporation through placement and underwritten rights issue.
- New Guinea Energy Limited in relation to farmout agreements entered into with Talisman Energy Limited.
- Industrea in relation to the acquisition of Huddy's Mining Services and convertible bond issue.
- Rural Press Limited in relation to its $9.5 billion merger by way of scheme of arrangement with Fairfax Media Limited.
- Sydney Gas Limited in relation to the successful defence of the hostile takeover offer by Queensland Gas Limited.
- CCI Holdings Limited in relation to the takeover by way of scheme of arrangement by Bureau Veritas.
- CCI Holdings Limited in relation to the hostile takeover offer by Campbell Brothers Limited.
- Anzon Australia Limited in relation to its hostile takeover offer for Nexus Energy Limited.