Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
- Construction and engineering
- Litigation and disputes
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- Real estate
Key industry sectors
Laura Walton is a projects, construction and engineering lawyer based in Brisbane.
She is highly experienced in advising on contentious matters, claims and disputes arising on projects across the energy, infrastructure, resources and property sectors.
Laura provides contract administration and claims advice during project delivery and acts in all forms of dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration, mediation, expert determination and security of payment adjudication, during delivery and post-completion.
She has acted in various capacities for stakeholders up and down the contractual chain, including Government entities, industry regulators, principals, contractors and consultants. Laura routinely acts on long-running complex projects and disputes, as well as in urgent, high-stakes, interim and interlocutory processes including Supreme Court injunction proceedings and statutory adjudications.
- Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology, 2005
- High Court of Australia 2006
- Supreme Court of Queensland 2006
- Best Lawyers, Litigation - Brisbane, Australia (2023)
- Recommended Lawyer, Construction & Infrastructure Litigation Lawyers – Queensland, Doyles Guide (2021)
- Construction & Infrastructure Rising Stars – Australia, Doyles Guide (2017)