Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Advertising and marketing
- Hotels, hospitality and leisure
- Intellectual property
Key industry sectors
Nick Rimington is a senior commercial lawyer in our consumer markets practice group, based in Melbourne.
Nick advises clients across a wide range of general commercial matters. He specialises in supporting Australian and international brands in the franchising, retail, distribution and FMCG sectors. He has assisted Australian and international franchise systems with all aspects of franchise law, including preparation of franchise documentation, establishing and structuring of franchise networks, transfers and acquisitions, terminations and disputes, Franchising Code of Conduct compliance and international master franchising.
Nick is named in Best Lawyers (Franchise Law).
- LLB, Monash University,
- Bachelor of Business Systems, Monash University
- High Court of Australia 2010
- Supreme Court of Victoria 2010
- establishing franchise, licence and distribution networks;
- providing strategic advice on franchising, licensing and all forms of product distribution;
- drafting and negotiation of complex commercial agreements and the application of competition laws to product distribution, pricing and supply issues faced by manufacturers, franchisors and suppliers, including to address developments in the law pertaining to unfair contract terms;
- handling mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and investments in the retail, consumer markets and franchise sectors and advising clients on how to corporatise their businesses for sale, investment or listing;
- advising automotive brands on dealer and agency networks, including assisting with network restructuring and market entry and exit;
- advising oil industry and convenience retailers on Oil Code and regulatory and network matters;
- dealing with Government, and with regulatory authorities such as the ACCC, ASIC, Small Business Commissioners and ASBFEO; and
- preparing and negotiating general commercial contracts for consumer markets brands, including for the procurement and supply of goods and services, online and in-store promotions, partnerships and joint ventures, website terms and privacy.
- Best Lawyers (Franchising)
- Franchise Council of Australia Outstanding Contribution to Franchising Award (2022)
- Franchise Council of Australia Legal Symposium (2022)
- Franchise Council of Australia
- Law Institute of Victoria