Related services and key industries
Dr. Klaus Bader is a corporate lawyer based in Munich and responsible for the development of the European Energy Practice.
Klaus has wide experience in domestic and international M&A and private equity transactions as well as joint ventures and corporate reorganisations with a strong focus on the energy and infrastructure sector. He works for private equity and infrastructure funds, utilities and asset managers of major insurance companies.
Klaus is frequently recommended as notable practitioner for corporate M&A and energy in the legal directories Chambers, Legal 500, Juve and Best Lawyer.
Klaus became a partner in 2008. Before joining the practice in 2005, he worked for a reputable German audit and tax advice firm, where he focused on financial due diligence reviews and tax structuring in the context of M&A transactions.
Klaus was admitted to the German bar in 2000 and qualified as a German certified tax advisor (Steuerberater) in 2003. He holds a doctoral degree in law (summa cum laude) and wrote his thesis on comparative German and Italian stock corporation law. Klaus is the author of various publications on energy, corporate and tax matters.
Klaus is a member of the International Fiscal Association (IfA). He is a native speaker of both German and Italian and is fluent in English.
- Rechtsanwalt, Steuerberater
- Advising GE Capital on its equity investment in the 400 MW offshore wind farm project Merkur and subsequent negotiations with further equity sponsors – European Renewables Deal of the Year 2016 (Project Finance International).
- Advising Swiss utility Swisspower Renewables on the acquisition and refinancing of a German operating onshore wind portfolio of 150 MWp from Acciona Energia including the acquisition of the asset management company.
- Advising MEAG on the acquisition of two onshore wind park portfolios with a total capacity of 120 MW from wpd.
- Advising Swiss based pension fund IST3 Investment Foundation on the acquisition of a 24 MW operating German solar park.
- Advising Chinese PV module manufacturer Astronergy on the acquisition of the production site of Conergy in Frankfurt Oder from the insolvency administrator.
- Advising Smart Energy Innovationsfonds (SEIF) on its venture capital investments in Luftmeister and Voltstorage
- Advising Finnish infrastructure fund Taaleri on a joint venture and co-development with Erdwärme Bayern GmbH for the development and construction of the largest geothermal project in Germany.
- Advising the Swiss utility Energie 360° AG on the indirect acquisition of project developer and service provider Thomsen & Co. GmbH and service provider EPS Rental, both active in the CHP sector.
- Advising Perusa Partners Fund on the acquisition, reorganisation and disposal of several portfolio companies, including: Dynasafe, Schuberth Helme, gb Implant Technology, Buderus Kanalguss, Buderus Feinguss, TLT Automotive, andTeca25
- Advising leading water treatment company Aweco Appliance Systems on the sale of its business to Zhejiang Sanhua.
- Advising Matica Group on the cross-border reorganisation of their German and Italian business listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
Legal 500 Germany 2017: "Norton Rose Fulbright's practice has significant expertise in advising on transactions and projects in the energy sector. The team around the very 'client oriented' practice group leader Klaus Bader ... is recommended for 'good industry knowledge and pragmatic advice'."
Chambers Europe 2016: "Strong focus on the renewable energy sector, particularly in wind and solar projects. [...] A native Italian speaker, he [Klaus Bader] heads the firm's Italy desk. Clients enthuse that he is 'straightforward and incredibly focused'."
- Ausschreibungen für onshore Wind nach dem EEG 2017 – strategische Handlungs- und Finanzierungsoptionen (Auctions for onshore wind under the EEG 2017 – strategic options for action and financing), eine Studie von Norton Rose Fulbright, Berenberg, BayernLB und Hypoport, Mai 2017
- Opportunities in German Geothermal energy, InfraNews, 16. Februar 2017
- Wer finanziert die deutsche Energiewende? – Investitionskriterien und Profile einzelner Investorengruppen (Who pays for the German Energiewende? – Investment criteria and profiles of various groups of investors); Finanzierung Erneuerbarer Energien, Hrsg. Markus Gerhard, Thomas Rüschen, Armin Sandhövel, Frankfurt School Verlag, S. 861 ff.
- Die deutsche Energiewende – Chancen und Herausforderungen für Investoren (The German Energiewende – opportunities and challenges for investors), gemeinsame Studie von Norton Rose und Deloitte, April 2013
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Energie 360° on its investment in the BHKW specialist Engine Power Systems Thomsen & Co.
July 13, 2018
October 10, 2017
Norton Rose Fulbright advises STRABAG and RAG on market entry in deep geothermal energy sector in Germany
June 20, 2017
Publication | April 2018
Publication | April 2018
Ausschreibungen für onshore Wind nach dem EEG 2017 – strategische Handlungs- und Finanzierungsoptionen
Publication | Mai 2017
Publication | April 2017