Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Sun Hong is a corporate lawyer based in Shanghai.
Sun has over 20 year experience in China related corporate and regulatory matters.
She represents clients in cross-border transactions including foreign direct investment, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and general corporate and commercial projects involving PRC assets or entities across a wide spectrum of sectors.
In addition, Sun has in-depth insight into the legal system of China and the regulatory and compliance risks encountered by multinationals doing business in China. She is particularly experienced in dealing with China's financial regulations and has advised clients on both transactions and specific regulatory issues. Sun's experience accumulated from working with government bodies, domestic firms and international firms makes her well positioned to provide clients with holistic and practical solutions to address risks and difficult issues when arisen.
Sun qualified in China in 1999. She spent four years in the legal affairs office and five years with a PRC local law firm before joining the firm in June 2006.
- Lawyer, qualified in People's Republic of China
- Advising a UK company on its potential acquisition of a minority stake (with the call option to increase the shareholding) in a Chinese company providing business aviation services
- Advising an Australian investor on its buy-out of the Chinese domestic joint venture partner following occurrence of deadlock circumstances
- Advising a global commodities group on its proposed joint ventures with Chinese partners (involving a state-owned enterprise and a private company) to conduct edible oil manufacture and trading business in China
- Advising a global leading battery manufacturer on the China aspect of its acquisition of the battery and portable lighting business from an American company
- Advising global commodities group on the China aspect of the sale of its global metals business to a Chinese fund
- Advising a London-listed engineering company on its buyout of the Chinese partner in a joint venture in east China
- Advising a global leader in commercial real estate services on its acquisition of a Chinese company which is one of China's leading construction project management consultancies
- Preparing a regulatory matrix for a US headquartered financial services provider on the PRC legal regime governing a wide range of services and products that the US entity is looking to transact with Chinese counterparties
- Establishing an online portal for a Canada headquartered bank which hosts all the major legislation in China applicable to the bank and its business operation in China
- Advising a leading international bank on a wide range of regulatory issues relating to its proposed online offering of services to onshore and offshore customers covering the whole range from deal information sharing, transaction management to financing
November 16, 2018
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Nature’s Care on trade sale in one of the largest private equity investments in Australia in 2018
April 16, 2018
April 10, 2018
Publication | September 2018
Publication | September 2018
Regulatory Reform in China – New Negative Lists for Foreign Investment Promulgated and Regulatory Procedures Consolidated
Publication | July 2018
Publication | June 2018