Norton Rose Fulbright Dyczkowski and Partners, Limited Partnership
Related services and key industries
- Power and utilities
- Banking and finance
- Real estate finance
- Oil and gas
- Real estate
Tomasz Rogalski is a banking, projects and restructuring lawyer based in Warsaw.
Tomasz is qualified in Poland as legal adviser (radca prawny) since 2009 and insolvency practitioner (doradca restrukturyzacyjny) since 2017.
Tomasz advises on a variety of domestic and cross-border projects and banking and finance transactions and has extensive experience advising on: energy and infrastructure transactions (project finance, PPP, energy M&A and energy regulations); real estate finance; financial restructuring and insolvency workouts and general lending transactions. Tomasz also focuses on financial services and FinTech.
For many years Tomasz has been recognised by international legal directories, such as Chambers Europe / Global, Legal 500 and IFLR1000 in banking, energy and restructuring.
Tomasz Rogalski has been at Norton Rose Fulbright since 2008.
- Gdańsk University of Technology, Postgraduate offshore wind studies, 2022 -
- University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, Postgraduate Executive FinTech studies, 2020 - 2021
- Legal advisor's training program (aplikacja radcowska), 2006 - 2009
- Warsaw School of Economics, Postgraduate banking studies, 2005 - 2006
- Diploma course in English and EU law at the British Centre for English and European Legal Studies, co-organised by the University of Cambridge, 2003 - 2005
- University of Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration, 2000 - 2005
- Doradca restrukturyzacyjny (restructuring adviser qualified in Poland) 2017
- Radca prawny (qualified in Poland) 2009
Legal 500 EMEA, Poland
Energy & Natural Resources 2023 - Next generation partner
- "Tomasz Rogalski is a great project finance lawyer who understands the regulatory environment inside out and gets the financing transaction done in a seamless way, and on time."
- "Tomasz Rogalski manages his team well and clients feel that they are in safe hands with him taking care of a transaction."
- "Tomasz Rogalski has good attention to detail, and he sees the bigger picture and can select major business issues for commercial discussions."
Energy & Natural Resources 2022 - Rising star
- "Head of the practice Tomasz Rogalski is a top-notch energy lawyer. We like his focus on the project finance transactions where he takes the lead on both the finance documents and legal due diligence work. This one-stop shop approach is for us as a project finance lender in the Polish energy market very helpful as one lawyer can provide advice on lending and energy regulatory matters in one transaction. It's a game-changer for us."; "Tomasz Rogalski is the most business-oriented lawyer with exceptional skills and ability to focus on key elements that enables us to close transactions."; "Tomasz Rogalski engages in the transaction proactively, advising not only on the legal terms, but also gives examples on market standard." and "Tomasz Rogalski is very well connected, experienced and offers strong support on regulatory matters, due diligence and contract negotiations."
Energy & Natural Resources 2020 - 2021 - Recommended lawyer
- "Tomasz Rogalski is an elite energy and project finance lawyer who combines practical energy regulatory knowledge and project finance drafting and a negotiating skillset. We value his hard work, willingness to go the extra mile to close the transaction, energy business understanding, technical capabilities, negotiation skills and client relationship tools. Tomasz really excels at project finance transactions in the renewable energy sector and is a key expert in Poland in this field." and "I cooperate with Tomasz Rogalski. Tomasz is not only very likable person but also a very good lawyer with experience in various types of transactions within the energy space. Tomasz is a very well connected person with a broad network within the energy sector both in Poland and abroad and is always happy to introduce people" (2021)
- "Tomasz Rogalski is great at what he does in the energy space. It's nice to work with him, he can translate the legal stuff into business language easily and understandably." (2020)
Restructuring & Insolvency 2021 - 2023 - Next generation partner
Restructuring & Insolvency 2020 - Rising star
- Tomasz Rogalski's team has been always flexible, reliable and delivering good quality documentation on time. Sometimes more negotiating support could be expected, however they are developing this skill." and 'Tomasz Rogalski is always available for contact, able to balance his team properly and manage its strengths." (2022)
- "I had an opportunity to work with Mr Popek and Mr Rogalski who showed high experience in restructuring and bankruptcy law in Poland. They were strongly involved and fully accessible." (2021)
- "Tomasz Rogalski and Daniel Popek deliver quality work on time and they can easily present in an understandable way the pros and cons that a bankruptcy or restructuring proceeding can bring for the creditor and the debtor." and "Our key lawyer has been Tomasz Rogalski, whom we value for being very creative yet diligent when it comes to dealing with finance documents, as a well as supportive during negotiations." (2020)
Banking & Finance 2020 - 2023 - Recommended lawyer
- "We particularly like working with Tomasz Rogalski. Tomasz is very bright and knowledgeable banking lawyer who knows the banking documentation inside out and offers very good legal and business advice. We appreciate Tomasz's availability and willingness to spend time looking for practical solutions." (2022)
- "Tomasz Rogalski takes an active role, finding the most feasible transaction structure, having in mind its commercial aim and rationale" (2020)
Chambers & Partners Europe, Poland
Banking & Finance 2023 - Band 3
- "He's very much aware of how project finance deals should be structured and can give good advice." (2023)
Banking & Finance 2019-2022 - Band 4
- "Tomasz Rogalski assists with real estate financing as well as refinancing matters. He also handles renewables financing." (2022)
- "Tomasz Rogalski assists with real estate financing as well as refinancing matters." (2021)
- "He tells you something and he delivers" and "If you mix both the technical ability and the reliability, then you have everything you need" (2020)
- "Someone you can trust and rely on" (2019)
International Financial Law Review 1000, 2017-2023
- Rising star in Banking, Project Finance and Real Estate Finance
- Commodities and commodity derivatives: legal aspects of trading (Towary giełdowe i towarowe instrumenty pochodne. Prawne aspekty obrotu), C.H. Beck May, 2011
- Impact of MiFID on trading in commodities and commodity derivatives (Wpływ implementacji Dyrektywy MiFID na obrót towarami i towarowymi instrumentami pochodnymi), cire.pl, July 2009
- Cash account blockade (Blokada rachunku pieniężnego), Prawo bankowe (Banking law) January 2008 & February 2008.
- Private debt lending in the Polish market, LMA Warsaw seminar, October 2022
- Poland: Living with the pandemic, LMA Warsaw webinar, November 2020
- Secondary syndication - mechanics and impact on the security interests, LMA Warsaw seminar, October 2019
- LMA documentation in an insolvency situation, LMA Warsaw seminar, October 2018
- New restructuring law and reform of the bankruptcy law, ACCA Warsaw seminar, October 2017
- Post-closing and loan administration, LMA Warsaw seminar, October 2017
- How to prepare yourself well for the loan transaction, ACCA Warsaw seminar, May 2017
- LMA term sheet and mandate letter documentation, LMA Warsaw seminar, October 2016
- Using LMA documentation in the local market, LMA Warsaw seminar, October 2015
International Bar Association
August 09, 2023
Polski Fundusz Rozwoju advised on PLN 128m financing construction of PV farms sponsored by Projekt Solartechnik
August 03, 2023
July 05, 2023