Related services and key industries
Sebastien Allain is a banking and finance lawyer based in Paris. He focuses on asset finance and the transportation sector. He has been with the firm since 2010, training in the London office before joining the Paris team in 2012.
Sebastien has extensive experience acting for banks and export credit agencies on a range of transactions, including cross-border financing and leasing, pre-delivery financings, sale and purchase of aircraft, syndicated lending, tax-based structures, and export credit agency transactions. Sebastien often works on first in type transactions which are then adopted by a wide range of participants in the market.
Sebastien has worked on several pioneering deals across the aviation sector, advising on first-of-kind structures and products -including insurance-backed AFIC and Balthazar deals. With his innovative approach to advising clients and running deals, Sebastien continues to support the aviation finance sector and his clients as they adapt to face new challenges in the market.
London School of Economics and Political Science – Law (LLB) with First Class Honours
BPP Law School – Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course with Distinction
- qualified in England & Wales 2012
- Solicitor, qualified in Ireland 2016
- BNP Paribas – on the French tax lease financing of three B777 aircraft for Turkish Airlines
- Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank and DVB Bank – on the financing of three ATR aircraft to Braathens Aviation
- European Flag carrier – on the PDP financing and sale and leasebacks of four A320 CEOs and NEOs and two A330 NEOs
- BNP Paribas – on the French tax lease financing of five B737 aircraft with Ex-Im Bank support for SunExpress
- French Bank - Financing of a major rail operator's purchase of rolling stock for use in Austria
- Export Credit Agencies – on the first export credit agency supported financing of the SuperJet 100 aircraft for delivery to a Mexican airline
- European Bank – on the financing and leasing of several Gulfstream G650ERs to a charterer
- Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank and KfW Ipex-Bank– French lease financing of A380 aircraft for Qatar Airways, being the first French lease financing of an A380 aircraft for a middle eastern carrier
- Various financial institutions – on the sale of lease tails backed by Export Credit Agency support
- Export Credit Agency – on the financing of
- European Export Credit Agencies – on the restructuring of their portfolio of financings to a major international airline.
- Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank and HSBC - French lease financing of multiple A380 aircraft for Qatar Airways
- Various financial institutions – on the syndicated financing of two Boeing 777-300 aircraft put on lease to Emirates
- Various French Banks – on numerous French tax lease structures to Chinese Lessors
January 30, 2024
December 12, 2023
November 09, 2023