Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Bénédicte Denis is a corporate lawyer based in Paris. She is Head of the Paris corporate team and specializes in strategic M&A, corporate and regulatory advice for insurance and financial services industry clients.
Bénédicte advises French and international institutions across the financial sector (insurers, reinsurers, banks, intermediaries and other market participants) on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, including share acquisitions and disposals, asset and business transfers, portfolio transfers, joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
Bénédicte also regularly advises insurers and other financial institutions on a wide range of legal and regulatory matters, including the setting up of new businesses, ongoing business regulation, product distribution, product regulation and compliance.
Bénédicte is a member of the working group "Brexit and Insurance" of the Haut Comité Juridique de la Place Financière de Paris.
She is recommended in several directories including Best Lawyers 2021 (Insurance) and Chambers Europe, as "accessible, commercial and above all extremely knowledgeable in anything to do with regulation".
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Crédit Mutuel - on the € 530m disposal by Euro Information of Euro-Information Telecom (EIT) to Bouygues Telecom and the long-term partnership agreement involving Crédit Mutuel, CIC and Bouygues Telecom.
- Bridgepoint – on the regulatory and commercial aspects of its acquisition of Compagnie Européenne de Prévoyance Group (CEP) from JC Flowers.
- Barclays – on the sale of its French retail banking, wealth management and insurance businesses in France (now Milleis) to AnaCap Financial Partners.
- Apicil – on the acquisition of The One Life Company, a Luxembourg-based life assurance company.
- Middle East banking group – on the reorganization of its European operations in the context of Brexit through the creation and authorization of a new French credit institution and the transfer of its French, German and Italian activities to the newly authorized entity.
- Allianz - on the sale of its stakes in six African subsidiaries located in Central and East Africa to the SUNU group.
- Allianz – on its acquisition of a Moroccan based insurance company, subsidiary of Zurich Insurance Company Ltd.
- Apicil - on its acquisition of Legal & General's (now Gresham) business in France (insurance, savings and banking activities).
- AnaCap Financial Partners – on its buyout of the French intelligence business provider Ellisphere from Natixis SA and subsequent disposal of Ellisphere to Andera Partners and Tikehau Capital.
- AnaCap Financial Partners – on its buyout and subsequent disposal of AssurOne Group, a leading French digital insurance broker specializing in the online distribution and management of personal insurance products.
- MetLife Inc. – on its joint venture with AXA France Vie SA relating to the setting up and enhancement of the MAXIS Global Benefits Network, through MAXIS GBN.
- Best Lawyers 2021: Insurance.
- Décideurs 2018/ 2019/2020: "Incontournable" in Regulatory, Insurance and Reinsurance.
- Chambers Europe 2019, France: "Clients praise the team's very high level of service. The team offers clients a wide range of services in the insurance sector, including corporate and regulatory advice as well as dispute resolution. Regularly sought out for its experience in insurance related M&A. Also handles compliance work and due diligence cases. Acts on global matters with a client base comprising national and international insurers as well as private equity funds."
- Chambers Europe 2018: Market commentators highlight Bénédicte Denis' "proficiency in transactional insurance matters".
- Chambers Global 2018, France: Tier 1 for Corporate/M&A: mid-market.
- Tier 2 – Legal 500 France – Insurance 2018: "Norton Rose Fulbright handles a balanced mix of corporate, regulatory and dispute-related work. The team has experience in advising on the setting-up of new entities, strategic distribution schemes and outsourcing agreements, but is also adept at handling regulatory mandates relating to permission and passporting issues, compliance and the development of new warranties and indemnity insurance coverage."
- "Brexit – Reminder from the French regulator to UK financial institutions on their obligations towards customers residing in France" – January 2021
- "Brexit – France clarifies the form and content of the information to be provided by UK insurers to their French insureds and policyholders following Brexit" – Update
- "France: Insurance & Reinsurance Laws and Regulations 2020", ICLG – March 2020
- "PRA publishes statement on French regulator's response to EIOPA Brexit Recommendations" – November 2019
- "France clarifies the form and content of the information to be provided by UK insurers to their French insureds and policyholders following Brexit in the event of a no-deal", Norton Rose Fulbright (knowledge site) – April 2019
- "What's on the horizon for the insurance industry in 2019", Norton Rose Fulbright (knowledge site) – March 2019
- "France enacts a new legal regime for insurance contracts entered into before Brexit in the event of a no-deal", Norton Rose Fulbright (knowledge site) – February 2019
- "The Blockchain in the insurance sector", Revue Lamy Droit des Affaires – November 2017
- "Cahiers Pratiques : Outsourcing, risk management and opportunities", L'Argus de l'Assurance – May 2013
- "Solvency II : the dynamics of groups of companies", La Tribune de l'Assurance – January 2013
- "Insurance portfolio transfers: Portefeuille d'assurance: (i) le transfert à l'aune du droit français ; (ii) un aperçu en droit comparé", La Tribune de l'Assurance – December 2010 and January 2011
- "Insurance Portfolio Transfers : Move on and Let go", IBA Insurance Committee Substantive Project 2010
July 02, 2021
June 24, 2021
Norton Rose Fulbright advises Crédit Mutuel and Euro-Information on the sale of Euro-Information Telecom to Bouygues Telecom
March 09, 2021