Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Alexandra Mikelis is a shipping disputes and litigation lawyer based in London. Her work covers general maritime disputes including charterparty, shipbuilding, salvage & towage and cargo damage claims. Alexandra's contentious experience includes, amongst other things, international arbitration (LMAA and ad hoc), Commercial Court and Technology and Construction Court claims. Alexandra also advises on non-contentious matters. Her experience includes advising on the international and European position in relation to ship recycling, reviewing and advising on agreements and clauses in financing transactions, charterparties and shipbuilding contracts.
While training with us, Alexandra undertook a six-month secondment to our Athens office.
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Acting for a ship owner in an LMAA arbitration in relation to disputes under a bareboat charterparty involving allegations as to (i) non-payment and late payment of charter hire; (ii) condition claims on redelivery of the vessel; and (iii) time and costs of repairs and renewals occasioned by latent defects.
- Acting for a cargo owner in an arbitration conducted on an ad hoc basis in relation to a cargo contamination claim against the ship owners of the vessel on which the cargo was carried.
- Acting for a supplier of rescue boats in relation to a claim brought in the Technology and Construction Court for a contribution towards damages and costs paid by a ship owner in respect of civil proceedings.
- Acting for a ship owner in Commercial Court proceedings in respect of a claim brought by cargo interests following a fire on board the ship owners' vessel.