Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Construction and engineering
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- International arbitration
Key industry sectors
Samuel Bamford is a litigation and disputes lawyer based in London.
Samuel's experience includes court litigation, international arbitration, adjudication, mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. He works with clients in a number of sectors, including construction, infrastructure (including PFI/PPP projects), energy and renewables, mining and minerals and transport.
Samuel spent six months on secondment in our Munich office where he gained experience in the transport sector across Europe.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales
- Advising the developer of an 800MW solar project based in the Middle East in relation to various claims for relief brought by the contractor.
- Advising a UK project company and major international banks following the termination of a UK-based waste treatment plant.
- Representing a UK employer in IChemE arbitral proceedings against a contractor, following termination of the construction and operations contracts relating to an energy from waste plant based in the UK.
- Advising a UK project company in relation to defect claims against a contractor, in connection with a series of schools based in the UK.
- Representing an employer in ICC arbitral and DAB proceedings in connection with disputes arising under a FIDIC contract in relation to an iron ore processing plant based in the Far East.
- Advising and acting for a UK project company in court proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court brought by a local authority in relation to the ternination of a waste treatment plant based in the UK.
- Advising a UK employer in relation to disputes arising under a JCT D&B contract in respect of a office block based in the UK.
- Advising the developer of a solar project based in the Middle East in relation to a dispute with a contractor regarding claims for relief.
- Advising a US IT company on various defect claims arising out of an office block based in the UK.
The Society of Construction Law
Major infrastructure disputes
Publication | May 15, 2023
Litigation privilege and investigations by an expert
Blog | June 24, 2022
Waiving privilege by referring to documents in court proceedings
Blog | October 25, 2021