Rogier de Haan
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Rogier de Haan is a corporate lawyer (advocaat) based in Amsterdam. He is a member of our global technology and innovation practice.
Rogier has experience in a broad range of international corporate matters, including (semi-)public and private mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity participations, growth equity investments as well as shareholder arrangements and corporate governance. He has considerable experience in advising purchasers and sellers of software businesses. Furthermore, Rogier regularly advises insurers on warranty and indemnity insurances.
Rogier has worked for another large international law firm based in Amsterdam from 2009 to 2014. From 2003 to 2009, Rogier studied International Business Administration (M.Sc. Marketing Management) at the Rotterdam School of Management and Dutch law (LL.M. Dutch Civil Law) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Advocaat, qualified in the Netherlands
- Orde van Advocaten: Rogier de Haan heeft in het rechtsgebiedenregister van de Nederlandse orde van advocaten de volgende rechtsgebieden geregistreerd: Algemeen recht
- Advised the sellers of a Dutch company developing deep brain stimulation technology in a trade sale to a US listed medical technology company.
- Advised the sellers of a Dutch company providing software and services to the aviation industry in a sale to a US listed aerospace company.
- Advised a US-based private equity fund in taking a majority stake in a national chain of Dutch dental clinics.
- Advised a Dutch biopharmaceutical company on various investment rounds sponsored by a consortium of financial and strategic investors.
- Advised a Dutch private equity fund in the fashion industry in the sale of a boutique retail company specialized in luxury swimwear.
- Advised American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG) on a wide range of warranty and indemnity insurance transactions, both from a buy-side and a sell-side perspective.
- Advised Ingram Micro on the purchase of the e-commerce fulfilment business of DOCDATA N.V., comprising all shares in the capital of DOCdata Nederland B.V. and DOCdata International B.V.
- Advised Ingram Micro on the purchase of all shares in the capital of Dupaco, a distributor of software created by (among others) RES, Dell and Red Hat (Linux).
- Advised Ingram Micro on the sale of all shares in the capital of docdata payments B.V. to CM. Docdata payments is an online payment services provider active in various European countries.
- Advised AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: AFSI) on the purchase of all shares in the capital of N.V. Nationale Borg-Maatschappij, a specialty provider of surety and trade credit insurance.
- Assisted Bureau Veritas in the acquisition of Schutter Groep B.V., a leading provider of inspection, laboratory testing, supply chain auditing, certification and logistical support services to the global agri-commodities markets. Schutter Groep has an extensive footprint of offices and laboratories in 11 countries across Europe, South America and Asia.
- Advised Frasers Property Limited and its subsidiaries in relation to acquiring a 86.56 per cent stake in Geneba Properties N.V. from Catalyst RE Coöperatief U.A. as well as the stake held by the remaining free float. Geneba is an Amsterdam-based real estate investment company listed at Dutch SME stock exchange NPEX.
- Advised Sandvik on the Dutch aspects of the divestment of Sandvik Process Systems' operations to FAM AB.
- Advised BMW in setting up a joint-venture with Daimler in which both companies unite their car-sharing services.
- Advised Anadolu Efes Biracilik ve Malt Sanayii AS (Efes) in setting up a joint-venture with Anheuser-Busch InBev S.A./N.V. (AB InBev) in which both companies unite their Russian and Ukrainian businesses.
- Advised ib vogt on the acquisition of Solarpark Scaldia, a 50 MWp ground based solar park in the Vlissingen harbour.
- Advised Monaghan Mushrooms on (indirectly) acquiring all shares in the capital of Walkro International B.V. from private equity firm Gimv and a management-owned SPV as sellers. The Walkro group is one of the largest mushroom-compost producers worldwide.
- Advised Airborne International on the sale of all shares in the capital of Airborne Services B.V. to SPECTO Aerospace.
- September 2017 and September 2018: Guest lecturer during the course "Mergers & Acquisitions" as part of the Executive MBA at the Rotterdam School of Management.
Publication | March 02, 2022
Webinar | March 25, 2021