Hussain Kubba is an energy M&A lawyer based in London. He has over ten years of legal experience in the oil and gas sector.
Hussain advises international and North Sea clients on a variety of corporate and commercial matters across the oil and gas sector. His experience includes advising corporates, oil companies and investors on UK and international upstream transactions including acquisitions and disposals, farm-ins, joint ventures and commercial agreements. Hussain has significant experience in reviewing and reporting on licences, PSCs, concession agreements, JOAs, UUOAs, transportation agremeents, off-take agreements and other contractor or operator contracts. Hussain has also been seconded to ExxonMobil and the Aberdeen offices of TAQA Bratani.
In addition, Hussain applies his M&A deal experience to advise on warranty and indemnity insurance policies. Hussain also advises on commercial joint venture agreements and shareholder issues.
Hussain was named as a Rising Star for Energy & Natural Resources in Super Lawyers 2014. Previously, Hussain spent seven years as a professional engineer in Ontario, Canada, and is a native Arabic speaker.
- Shell, Ireland - on its $1.2bn share sale of its Corrib gas venture off the north-west coast of Ireland to the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) with operatorship to Vermilion Energy Inc.;
- Petrofac IES, Mexico - on its portfolio sale of a 49% interest in its Mexican onshore and offshore assets to Perenco Oil for up to US$274m;
- BP as ACG consortium Operator, Azerbaijan - advising on and drafting the Azeri and Chirrag fields and deepwater portion of the Gunashli field production sharing agreement and joint operating agreement;
- BP, Norway - advising on the corporate sale of BP Norge to Aker and Det Norske as part of the transaction creating Aker BP;
- EFG Hermes Private Equity, Egypt - advising on its share sale of its producing oil and gas North Bahariya concession onshore Egypt, including transfer of operatorship;
- Pembroke, Euclid and others - on underwriting warranty and indemnity insurance policies including where the underlying transaction has an energy aspect;
- Pacific Exploration and Production - advising on the sale of its entire interest in several concessions offshore Brazil to Karoon.
- Pacific Exploration and Production - advising on the farm-out of its interest in an onshore concession in Peru to CEPSA;
- DEA AG, UK North Sea - advising on the disposal of DEA UK to INEOS, including reviewing the SPA and advising on UK North Sea matters;
- Hess – on its disposal of its North Sea interests in the Cambo Field to OMV, including transfer of operatorship to OMV;
- Genel Energy – on the increase of its stake in, and the acquisition of operatorship of, the Chia Surkh block in Kurdistan.
- Oil and Gas Sale and Purchase Agreements: Allocation of and limitations on liability, and the use of indemnities (2017 Global Law and Business)
- Getting the Deal Through: Oil Regulation 2011 (Iraq Chapter)
- Re-discovering Iraq: legal and tax issues, November 2010
- LawNow: Investing in Iraq’s Power Sector, August 2010
- LawNow: Iraqi Mixed Companies: Corporate Issues, March 2010
- LawNow: Establishing your company in Iraq, May 2009
- Law Society of England and Wales, Solicitor
January 02, 2019
September 15, 2017