Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Jill Kavanagh is a banking and finance lawyer based in London. She focuses on the financing of energy and infrastructure projects in emerging and developed markets.
Her experience includes advising lenders, development finance institutions and sponsors on cross-border project financings, as well as advising funds and asset managers on fundraising and investments in real estate, infrastructure and renewable power assets.
Jill read law at the University of Oxford and has a Master's degree from the London School of Economics. Having spent a number of years working in Southeast Asia, Jill trained with the firm and qualified as a solicitor in 2018.
Jill speaks fluent Burmese.
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales 2018
- Advised the senior lender on a US$275m project financing of a copper and silver mine in Botswana owned by a private equity firm
- Advised the lenders on refinancing two public-private partnership projects in Ireland: the €180m N11/N7 Arklow-Rathnew road project and the €100m Schools Bundle 3 project to build eight new schools across Ireland.
- Advised the lenders on the mezzanine financing of over €110m for two Swedish wind farm projects in late 2018.
- Advised a financial services firm on its £310m initial public offering (IPO) on the main market of the London Stock Exchange in early 2018.
- Advised a global alternative asset manager with investments across real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity on its cross-border acquisition of a strategic stake in an alternative investment manager and loan servicer for an undisclosed amount.
- Advised the managers of a business-to-business information company on a US$180.5m divestment of certain assets to private equity investors.