Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Jean-Norbert is a banking and finance lawyer based in Paris and entitled to practice as a registered European lawyer by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Jean-Norbert's focus is on cross-border structured finance and projects financings primarily in the mining, infrastructure and commodities sectors, acting for banks, funds and listed and private sponsors.
He is well-known for his work in international structured finance (trade receivables securitisation, whole business securitisation, CMBS, CLO, CDO using alternative investment funds structure in Europe ) as well as in structured trade finance (including supply chain finance, structured commodity finance, export and agency finance, trade credit, pre-export finance, Islamic finance).
Jean-Norbert’s structured finance expertise covers both the origination side (including a wide range of underlying assets, such as infrastructure, project finance and energy) as well as the funding side of those transactions through the international debt capital markets.
In his field of practice, he acts for many arrangers, underwritter, swap counterparties, asset managers and providers and users of trade finance (buyers, trade financiers, trade finance houses, banks) and, in this context, advises many alternative investment funds as well as banks providing equity bridge financing, on the regulatory and financial services side.
Jean-Norbert has been listed in various legal directories for his expertise in debt capital market and structured finance.
- Université de Paris Sorbonne-Assas, Paris, 1993, Institute of Legal Studies
- Université de Paris Sorbonne-Assas, Paris, 1992, Postgraduate degree, Commercial and Economic Law
- Université de Paris II Assas, 1991, Master's Degree, Commercial Law, distinction
- University of California at Berkeley, 1989 (UC Extension program)
- Avocat au Barreau de Paris
- Representing gold mining sponsors in connection with different type of structured project financings in the Eurasian zone.
- Representing listed gold producer companies in connection with complex margin loans involving listed shares on various regulated market with Citibank N.A., J.P. Morgan Securities PLC and ICBC acting as lenders.
- Representing RBC plc in connection with a series of capital bridge financings for alternative investment funds in Europe.
- Representing world leader in alloying metals, particularly manganese and nickel, and in high-quality metallurgy in respect of a multi jurisdiction securitisation deal (involving 12 jurisdictions).
- Representing Société Générale (SG) in the context of the SG Covered bond programme in connection with the loading of shipping assets as collateral for the financings provided by SG's issuer entity under such programme.
- Brexit - the passport challenge - Les Echos 1st March 2017
- "Accelerated Financial Safeguard Procedure," NP Alert, November 2010
- "Securitization Alert: Developments in French Securitization Legal Environment," October 2010
- "Entreprise en difficulté: l'heure serait-elle au test de liquidité?," Revue de Droit Bancaire et Financier, December 2009
- "Reorganisation and Debt-for-Equity Swap," Option Finance, June 2009
- "Synthetic CMBS Methodology/Créances Hypothécaires: L'heure est aux Opérations de Titrisation Synthétique," Revue Banque, September 2007
- "CMBS: Funding Innovations/Les Nouveautés Techniques en Matière de Financement," Revue Banque, June 2006
- "The Most Recent French Securitisation Reform," Journal of International Banking Law, 2005
- "The Recent Changes in the French Securitization Regulatory Framework," Banking & Financial Services Policy Report, July 2003, International Securitization & Structured Finance Report, 2003
- "La faillite produit ses effets partout où le débiteur a ses biens," Option Finance, March 2003
- "L'utilisation des dérivés par les OPCVM," Option Finance, 2003
- "FCC: Instrument de Financement," Revue de Droit Bancaire et Financier, 2002
- "Garantie Autonome," Option Finance, 2001
- "Nature et régime juridique des titres émis dans le cadre d'opération de titrisation internationale," Droit et Pratique du Commerce International (vol. 22, no. 3), 1996
- Jean-Norbert provides professional training courses in treasury management and trade financial markets
- Solicitors Regulation Authority - Registered European Lawyer
- Member of the French Association of Corporate Treasurers (AFTE)
- Member of the French alpinism, backcountry skiers and mountain guide club