Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Michèle Friel practises in the areas of commercial contracts, corporate financing, financial services and general banking law.
Ms. Friel has acted as counsel to various borrowers as well as domestic and foreign lending institutions in the context of major financing transactions, including syndicated financings, project financings, cross‑border financings, factoring transactions and other structured financings, asset-based loans, acquisition financings and capital call (subscription) loans.
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2003
B.A., McGill University, 2000
- Quebec 2005
Ms. Friel has acted recently for the following clients:
- The lenders in the financing for the construction and operation of highway 30
- The underwriter in the public-private partnership financing for the construction of a new research centre for the University of Montreal hospital
- The senior lenders and bondholders in connection with the financing of the construction and operation of the new McGill University Health Centre
- Rio Tinto Alcan Inc. and its affiliates in connection with factoring transactions
- The lender in connection with a financing of Intragaz
- The lenders regarding a financing of the Province of Quebec
- The lenders in connection with a financing of Kruger Products
- Bombardier Inc. in its syndicated loans and with the sale of the “C Series” aircraft to Delta Airlines
- Bank of America, N.A. in connection with an asset-based loan to YPG Financing Inc.
- The lenders for project financing made to Vents du Kempt Wind Power to finance the construction and operation of a wind farm located in the Gaspésie region of Quebec
- Canadian Bar Association