Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Amélie Métivier practises corporate and securities law, with particular emphasis on corporate finance and public mergers and acquisitions. She also regularly advises reporting issuers on various corporate governance matters, continuous disclosure obligations and other ongoing securities law questions.
Ms. Metivier served for several years as assistant corporate secretary of Aeterna Zentaris Inc., a specialty biopharmaceutical company engaged in developing and commercializing novel treatments in oncology, endocrinology and women’s health, whose common shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq Global Market.
Ms. Métivier was seconded to the legal department of Quebecor Media in 2004 and to the legal department of Bombardier's corporate office in 2008. In 2003-2004, Ms. Métivier clerked with Justice Pierrette Rayle of the Quebec Court of Appeal.
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2004
- Quebec 2006
Clients for whom Ms. Métivier has acted recently include:
- Bombardier Inc. in connection with various financings, including a $1.1 billion public offering of subscription receipts, cross-border private offerings of senior notes, and multijurisdictional debt tender offers and related disclosure matters
- Stornoway Diamond Corporation in its $946 million comprehensive financing transaction with US private equity firm Orion Mine Finance, Investissement Québec, and the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec to fund the construction of the Renard Diamond Project, Quebec’s first diamond mine
- Dollarama Inc., for the underwriting group, in connection with over $2 billion in aggregate financings through an initial public offering (IPO), subsequent bought deals and debt private placements
- A controlling shareholder in connection with BRP Inc.’s $262 million IPO
- Fédération des caisses Desjardins du Québec with its over $1 billion IPO and several subsequent public offerings of capital shares, and on public offerings of medium-term deposit notes by various entities within the Desjardins Group
- Rona Inc. on bought-deal public offerings of common shares and rate‑reset preferred shares, and in connection with a debt tender offer
Mergers & Acquisitions
- RONA inc. in connection with the acquisition of RONA inc. by Lowe's Companies Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement under the Business Corporations Act (Québec)
- Logibec Groupe Informatique Ltée in the acquisition of its outstanding common shares by way of take-over bid by an acquisition company majority owned by OMERS Private Equity Inc.
- Québecor Média Inc. in its repurchase of part of its shares held by the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, for an aggregate purchase price of $1 billion
- The special committee of the board of directors of Cossette Inc. in connection with an unsolicited, non binding proposal by Cosmos Capital Inc. to acquire all of Cossette’s shares, the review of the various strategic options available to Cossette, and its subsequent sale to Mill Road Capital