Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Evan Cobb’s practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law, with a particular focus on bankruptcy, insolvency and restructuring.
Mr. Cobb represents clients in both informal restructuring matters as well as proceedings under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act and the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act. He regularly acts for debtors, creditors and court-appointed officers in both domestic and cross-border restructuring and insolvency matters.
J.D., University of Toronto, 2007
B.B.A., York University, 2004
- Ontario 2008
Clients for whom Mr. Cobb has acted include:
- Ernst & Young Inc., as monitor in the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act (CCAA) proceedings of Bondfield Construction Company Limited and affiliates
- FTI Consulting Canada Inc., as monitor in the CCAA proceedings of Sears Canada Inc. and certain affiliates
- Gymboree Inc., in its Canadian insolvency proceedings
- DIP lenders in the CCAA proceedings of Performance Sports Group Ltd. and its affiliates
- MBAC Fertilizer Corp., as counsel to the company in connection with its proceedings under the CCAA
- FTI Consulting Canada Inc., as monitor in the CCAA proceedings of Cliffs Quebec Iron Mining ULC and its affiliates
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc., as monitor in the CCAA proceedings of GuestLogix Inc.
- Pacific Exploration & Production Corporation, as counsel to the company in its proceedings under the CCAA
- Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada, as counsel to the company in its proceedings under the CCAA
- Data & Audio-Visual Enterprises Holdings Inc. (Mobilicity), as counsel to the company in its proceedings under the CCAA and its arrangement proceeding under the Canada Business Corporations Act
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory,2020: recommended in Insolvency & Financial Restructuring - Financial Restructuring
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers and Partners, 2020
- Lexpert, Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40, 2018
Webinar | July 09, 2020
Publication | October 2019