Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Lynne O'Brien is a litigation lawyer based in Toronto. She has a broad commercial litigation and advisory practice in the areas of financial services, corporate governance, insolvency, securities regulation and fraud.
Lynne also practises estate litigation, providing advice on a range of issues, including will challenges, dependent support and guardian applications, contested passing of accounts, estate administration and disputes involving trusts.
She frequently conducts investigations for clients across a variety of sectors engaging issues of corporate governance, insider trading, fraud, breach of company policies, harassment and workplace-related issues.
Lynne also leads various eDiscovery initiatives across the firm, providing advice and managing client-related matters in a strategic, cost-effective manner.
Lynne has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario. Her alternative dispute resolution experience includes appearances at arbitrations and mediations in a variety of disputes.
LL.B., Western University, 1992
B.A., Western University, 1989
- Ontario 1994
Lynne has acted for the following clients as counsel or as a member of their legal team:
- Complex litigation involving various corporations, including Porter Airlines Inc., SNC-Lavalin Inc., Hexo Corp. and Domtar Corp.
- Restructuring and insolvency for various court-appointed officers, including in relation to Sears Canada Inc. and Bondfield Construction Company Limited
- Financial services litigation
- Investigations involving several public and private companies as well as public organizations
- Estate and trust litigation for estate trustees, beneficiaries, trustees and dependents
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Trusts and Estates, 2023-2024
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- The Advocates' Society