Related services and key industries
Catherine Simard practises corporate and securities law, with particular emphasis on corporate governance. She advises a number of Canadian public companies on continuous disclosure obligations, governance issues and the conduct of shareholders' meetings. Ms. Simard frequently reviews the governance policies and practices of public and private Canadian corporations and advises boards and management on director and officer liability. She also advises financial institutions on applicable regulatory matters.
Ms. Simard serves as a member of our Montreal students' committee as well as the Norton Rose Fulbright Women's Network.
She holds bachelor's degrees in both civil and common law from McGill University. She also holds a master of laws from the London School of Economics and Political Science, where she obtained the law department prize for best overall mark.
LL.M., London School of Economics and Political Science, 2010
B.C.L./LL.B, McGill University, 2008
- Quebec 2011
- Law Department Prize for Best Overall Mark, London School of Economics and Political Science
- One Essex Court Prize for International Business Law, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Gerald Tritt Prize for highest standing in Special Contracts, McGill University
- Regularly gives presentations on new developments and best practices in the field of governance.
- Institute of Corporate Directors – Quebec chapter
- Member, committee organizing seminars and trainings
- Montreal Symphony Orchestra Foundation
- Board member
Publication | November 2018
Publication | August 2018
Publication | February 2018
Publication | December 2017