Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
David Crandall's practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, general commercial and corporate matters, securities law and financings. He has acted in numerous transactions for the purchase and sale of businesses in Canada and abroad, as well as various debt and equity financings (as issuer’s and underwriters’ counsel) in private and public offerings.
Mr. Crandall also serves as a member on our Montreal students’ committee as well as our Montreal associates committee.
Mr. Crandall is a graduate of the University of Montreal’s civil and common law programs and currently teaches a class in the common law program at that university.
- Quebec 2011
Clients for whom Mr. Crandall has acted include:
- SNC‑Lavalin Group Inc., in its $3.1-billion sale of AltaLink to Berkshire Hathaway Energy
- SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., in its launch of an infrastructure investment vehicle to hold its interest in a selection of mature Canadian infrastructure assets, and a sale to a subsidiary of BBGI SICAV S.A. of 80% of such vehicle for an initial investment of approximately $208 million
- Québecor Média Inc. in its repurchase of its shares held by the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $1.7 billion
- Yellow Pages Limited in its C$50 million acquisition of ComFree/DuProprio and exclusive licensing deal and investment in MyTime
- Entertainment Benefits Group (EBG) with an investment by Creative Artists Agency in EBG, one of the largest privately held travel and entertainment providers in the United States
- Various investments and acquisitions by Entertainment Benefits Group
- CAE Inc. in its acquisition of Lockheed Martin Commercial Flight Training from Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Stornoway Diamond Corporation in its $946-million comprehensive financing transaction with US private equity firm Orion Mine Finance, Investissement Québec, and the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec to fund the construction of the Renard Diamond Project, Quebec's first diamond mine
- Bombardier in connection with the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec's investment in Bombardier's transportation division
- Various reporting issuers, including Bombardier, SNC-Lavalin, Stornoway Diamond Corporation, Vidéotron and Laurentian Bank in a variety of continuous disclosure and securities law matters
- Goldenberg and Harry Batshaw prizes for excellence in civil liberties, awarded by the University of Montreal’s law faculty council
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- Lecturer in the North American common law program at the University of Montreal
- Vice-President of the Montreal Irish Rugby Football Club
- Director, St. Patrick’s Society of Montreal
- Director, Ireland-Canada Chamber of Commerce - Montreal chapter