Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Louisa Pontrelli practises intellectual property law with an emphasis on pharmaceutical patent litigation. She has particular experience in matters affecting the innovative pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, including infringement and validity opinions, subsequent entry biologics, infringement and impeachment actions and proceedings under the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations.
During her graduate studies she investigated the molecular and cellular biology of lipoprotein metabolism in cardiovascular disease, and, in particular, the role of untranslated regions in translational control of apolipoprotein B mRNA. Ms. Pontrelli’s research was published in scientific journals.
Prior to joining our Toronto office, Ms. Pontrelli practised with an intellectual property law firm in Toronto where she also articled.
LL.B., University of Windsor, 2004
M.Sc., Clinical Biochemistry, University of Toronto, 2001
B.Sc.(Hons.), Biochemistry, McMaster University, 1998
- Ontario 2005
- The Legal 500, Canada, 2016: Intellectual Property
- “Patents and Market Exclusivity in the US and Canada” (with Noel Courage), International Pharmaceutical Academy Conference on Biosimilars, Toronto, December 4-5, 2008.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Toronto Intellectual Property Group
© Norton Rose Fulbright LLP 2021