Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Odile Archambault represents clients before the Quebec courts, in particular the Court of Quebec, the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal, as well as certain administrative tribunals. She also assists clients and represents them in mediations and civil arbitration.
Ms. Archambault's practice focuses primarily on construction, commercial litigation and commercial and professional liability.
She frequently represents clients, contractors, subcontractors and construction professionals in complex disputes resulting from situations having arisen from large projects, as well as all types of companies dealing with a variety of commercial litigation issues, including shareholder disputes, proceedings arising from public tenders and contractual disputes. She also represents companies in various areas of civil and professional liability.
Ms. Archambault also handles matters involving provisional, interlocutory and permanent injunctions, as well as applications for judicial review.
During her B.A. degree at Université Laval, she also studied at the University of Strasbourg (France).
LL.B., Université Laval, 2011
B.A., Université Laval, 2011
- Quebec 2012
In particular, Ms. Archambault acted on the following mandates:
- Representing a general contractor and the guarantor with respect to a judicial application against the client ($27 million), arising from a sports complex construction project and in connection with a parallel mediation
- Representing a school board in connection with an application for judicial review after the contract was awarded
- Representing a company having bid on a public call for tenders for the construction of a multi-purpose complex, in connection with a dispute arising from the subsequent cancellation of the call for tenders
- Representing a general contractor and the guarantor in defense and counterclaim in connection with a dispute with an electrical subcontractor and arising from a construction project to build a hydro-electric power plant
- Representing a city in a civil liability action arising from a cycling accident for which $8 million in damages were claimed by the victim and the family
- Representing a city in connection with an action by a bidder as a result of a cancelled public tender process
- Representing a manufacturer in connection with a dispute arising from a public call for tenders and involving, in particular, the obtaining of an order of interlocutory injunction
- Representing a property owner regarding a neighbourhood disturbance that occurred during the repair of the building
- Dean’s List, Faculty of Law, Université Laval (2010-2011)
- "Le fardeau de preuve d'un entrepreneur dans le contexte d'une réclamation pour retards," 2019.
- "Les recours possibles dans le domaine des appels d'offres," 2019.
- "Comment préparer et négocier une entente de répartition des responsabilités lors de délais de chantier," 2018.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Chambre de commerce et d'industrie de Québec
- "Leadership au féminin" program ambassador (2018-2020)
- "Leadership au féminin" program participant (2017-2018)