Don Davies, KC
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Don Davies, KCvCard
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Don Davies practises energy law, with a focus on the regulatory and litigation fields.
Mr. Davies has represented oil and gas producers, pipeline companies and industry organizations in proceedings before the National Energy Board for more than 30 years. He has acted for both proponents and intervenors in many applications for the approval of pipeline facilities and for the determination of pipeline tolls and tariffs. His cases typically involve complex environmental, aboriginal, constitutional, jurisdictional, economic and financial issues.
Mr. Davies also has extensive experience before the Alberta energy regulators, including the Alberta Energy Regulator and the Alberta Utilities Commission. He has acted for proponents of various energy projects, including oil sands developments, pipelines, power plants and well and field facilities. He also represents clients in regulatory proceedings relating to electrical power facilities and utility rates and services.
- Alberta 1979
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Energy Regulatory Law, 2014-2024; Oil and Gas Law, 2019-2024
- The Legal 500 Canada: Energy: Oil and Gas (Leading Lawyer), 2016-2024
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Energy - Oil & Gas (Regulatory) (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2016-2024
- Chambers Global, Canada: Energy - Oil & Gas (Regulatory) (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2016-2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2011-2023: recommended in Energy (Oil & Gas), Energy (Electricity); 2023: recommended in Litigation - Regulatory & Public Law
- Thomson Reuters Stand-out Lawyers, 2022
- Acritas Stars 2020, 2021 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Energy Regulatory Law "Lawyer of the Year," 2021
- Chambers Canada, Alberta: Energy - Provincial Regulatory (Band 1), Chambers and Partners, 2019-2021
- Who's Who Legal: Canada - Energy 2014, 2020
- The International Who’s Who of Energy Lawyers (2012-2013)
- Who’s Who Legal (2010): Oil and Gas
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Calgary Bar Association