Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Rashi Sengar practises corporate and securities law. She focuses on mergers and acquisitions, related-party transactions, corporate governance issues, corporate finance and securities law and regulatory compliance and investigations.
Within mergers and acquisitions, Ms. Sengar advises issuers on both the buy-side and the sell-side. Her experience incorporates both domestic and cross-border issues and structured transactions such as plans of arrangement. Within corporate finance, she participates in a variety of transactions for both underwriters and issuers, including private placements, IPOs and ongoing capital funding. Ms. Sengar’s corporate governance experience encompasses advising issuers and boards on governance matters.
Ms. Sengar is a member of our Canadian Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
LL.B., University of Manitoba, 2001
B.A., University of Manitoba, 1998
- Alberta 2002
Ms. Sengar recently acted for:
- Crescent Point Energy Corp. on its $767 million acquisition of CanEra Energy Corp. by way of a plan of arrangement
- A Canada-based multinational oil and gas corporation on its $427 million acquisition of a Saskatchewan oil and gas corporation
- Barrick Gold Corporation on its $455 million sale of Barrick Energy Inc. and certain assets of Barrick Energy Inc.
- Crescent Point Energy Corp. on its $611 million acquisition of Wild Stream Exploration Inc., by way of a plan of arrangement
- Pauline & Samuel Zinman Prize, University of Manitoba, 2001
- Law Society Prize, University of Manitoba, 2001
- Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba, 1999, 2000, 2001
- Manitoba Law School Foundation (Frank Billinkoff) Award, Wills & Succession, 2001
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize, Limits of the Law, 2001
- Jane Evans, Q.C. Prize, Property, Trusts, & Wills and Succession, 2001
- Archie Micay Q.C. Prize, 1999
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize, Property, 1999
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize, Contracts, 1999
- Honourable Joseph O’Sullivan Bursary, 1998
- Students’ Union Scholarship, University of Manitoba, 1998
- Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Arts, University of Manitoba, 1997
- "Oil and Gas M&A Transactions," Federated Press, Calgary, October 14, 2014.
- Law Society of Alberta
- Calgary Bar Association
- Association of Women in Law