Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Brett Watson practises primarily in the areas of corporate and commercial law, corporate finance and securities, mergers and acquisitions and private equity. She also assists clients with corporate governance, continuous disclosure, regulatory compliance and general corporate matters.
J.D., University of Saskatchewan, 2010
B.B.A., University of Regina, 2007
- Alberta 2011
Ms. Watson has recently acted for the following clients:
- Connacher Oil and Gas Limited in the sale of its heavy oil refinery and related assets to Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. for US$210 million
- Niko Resources Ltd. on a bought-deal offering of common shares and notes for C$222 million and a concurrent offering of common shares for C$50 million
- TransAlta Corporation in connection with its C$2 billion short-form base shelf prospectus and several public offerings
- Toscana Energy Income Corporation in connection with various private and public offerings
- TransAlta Corporation in connection with creating TransAlta Renewables Inc. and initial public offering of C$200 million of common shares of TransAlta Renewables Inc.
- Toscana Energy Income Corporation in connection with its acquisition of Veredus Resources Ltd.
- Superior Plus Corp. in connection with various public offerings
- Canadian Pacific Railway Limited in connection with the renewal of its C$2.5 billion base shelf prospectus and the secondary offering of common shares of Canadian Pacific Railway Limited by certain funds managed by Pershing Square Capital Management L.P. for US$835 million
- Canadian Pacific Railway Company in connection with the renewal of its base shelf prospectus relating to the offering of up to a maximum of C$1.5 billion of medium-term notes and the renewal of its base shelf prospectus relating to the offering of up to a maximum of US$1.5 billion of debt securities
- Toscana Energy Income Corporation on the acquisition of Toscana Financial Income Trust by way of a plan of arrangement
- Acritas Stars 2019 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Petroleum Law Foundation Prize, University of Saskatchewan, 2010
- Dean’s Honour List, University of Regina, 2004-2007
- Accounting Fellowship Program, University of Regina, 2006, 2007
- Academic Silver Scholarship, University of Regina, 2006
- Meyers Norris Penny LLP Scholarship, University of Regina, 2006
- Academic Gold Scholarship, University of Regina, 2005
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association