Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Mike Moher uses his extensive legal and energy industry experience to advise clients on a variety of commercial matters. He has acted for numerous institutional and private lenders, as well as borrowers, in connection with a broad range of loan transactions, including secured financings involving aircraft, oil and gas assets, equipment, real estate, and acquisitions. Over the past few years, his practice has focused primarily on co-generation and hydroelectric projects.
Before joining our Toronto office, Mr. Moher practised with several major integrated energy companies in the upstream and downstream energy sectors.
He provided legal and tax advice in the upstream sector during the early 1980s. After a secondment with Energy, Mines and Resources Canada, Mr. Moher spent several years working in a business capacity in the downstream sector, which involved analyzing the financial merits of various projects, including joint ventures, acquisitions and downstream capital investments.
Mr. Moher was a member of the leadership team that coordinated the merger of two significant downstream energy organizations. Following the merger, he provided advice concerning the integration of the organizations’ secondary distribution networks. His experience also includes propane business acquisitions, strategic alliances with downstream petroleum product companies, transportation matters and environmental issues.
- Ontario 1977
Mr. Moher has acted recently in the following transactions:
- The development of a co-generation facility in Ontario to supply electricity and steam to a number of industrial users
- The financing of several run-of-the-river hydro projects in British Columbia
- A number of Ontario co-generation projects to provide electricity, steam and chilled water to hospitals
- A landfill gas co-generation project in British Columbia
- International Financial Law Review 1000, Canada: Project development (Expert Consultant), 2018-2023
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Banking and Finance Law, 2023-2024
- Acritas Stars 2019-2021 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- The International Who’s Who of Oil & Gas Lawyers, 2012
- McMaster University Dean’s Honours List, 1969
- McMaster University Daley Memorial Scholarship
- Osgoode Hall George M. Miller Prize
- Law Society of Alberta
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Law Society of Upper Canada