Engagement Strategy and Culture Director
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Amy Binder is responsible for leading our national workplace engagement strategy, including elements of our mental health and wellness resources, performance and feedback initiatives, mentorship and sponsorship programs, and alumni efforts. She works with the people & development team, along with stakeholders across offices, to develop resources and initiatives that support the needs of various employee groups.
Amy brings to the position extensive experience within the organization, working with student and associate recruitment, on-boarding, professional development, performance and retention. She is a Certified Executive Coach, and has experience in designing and developing continuing education opportunities for lawyers at Alberta Justice as well as experience as a law school instructor. Amy also spent several years as legal counsel with the Alberta Court of Appeal. She has a master of laws in legal education and continues her academic pursuits in the field of organizational learning and development.
- CEC, Royal Roads University, 2019
- LL.M., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2008
- LL.B., Dalhousie University, 2002
- B.A.H., Queen's University, 1997
- Alberta 2003
- "Re-engaging Law Students in Legal Professionalism Through Student-Centred Curricular Design," 3 Canadian Legal Education Annual Review 1, 2009.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Professional Development Consortium