Student and Associate Initiatives Director
Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
As a member of the Calgary office’s senior management team, Amy Binder is responsible for ongoing student and associate training and education as they relate to performance, professional development, retention, and our strategic vision. Her mandate includes facilitating communication between associates and management. She is also the lead for recruitment efforts in Calgary, for both students and associates.
Ms. Binder brings to the position experience in designing and developing continuing education opportunities for lawyers at Alberta Justice as well as experience as a law school instructor. Ms. Binder’s legal background is in research and writing, as she spent several years as legal counsel with the Alberta Court of Appeal. She has a master of laws in legal education and continues her academic pursuits in the fields of instructional design and organizational learning.
- LL.M., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2008
- LL.B., Dalhousie University, 2002
- B.A.H., Queen's University, 1997
- Alberta 2003
- "Re-engaging Law Students in Legal Professionalism Through Student-Centred Curricular Design," 3 Canadian Legal Education Annual Review 1, 2009.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Professional Development Consortium