Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Julie Carlesso’s practice covers all aspects of civil and commercial litigation.
In 2017, she represented the interests of Québecor Média inc. and Le Devoir before the Commission d'enquête sur la protection de la confidentialité des sources journalistiques (investigative committee on protection of media sources), presided by Mr. Justice Jacques Chamberland.
Before joining the Montréal office, she clerked for the Honourable Richard Wagner of the Supreme Court of Canada.
Among other things, Ms. Carlesso was involved as a student in Nadège Dorzema et al, a case brought before the Inter-American Court of Human Rights that saw the Dominican Republic condemned for several human rights violations. She was also coordinator of the University of Quebec at Montreal’s International Clinic for the Defense of Human Rights. While completing her master’s degree, she articled at the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights in Washington, D.C.
Prior to practising law, Ms. Carlesso worked in documentary production for television as a researcher, production coordinator and assistant-director.
LL.B., Université de Montréal, 2013
LL.M, (International Law and International Politics), Université du Québec à Montréal, 2012
B.A. (Journalism), Université du Québec à Montréal, 2005
- Quebec 2015
- Gilbert-Apollis Award for best speaker, Jean Pictet Competition, 2013, (French section)
- Honours, LL.M. (International Law and International Politics), Université du Québec à Montréal, 2012
- Admission scholarship, Université de Montréal’s law faculty, 2011
- "Top dix des sujets d'assurance que tout avocat devrait connaître" (co-speaker), Young Bar of Montreal, November 16, 2016.
- "La responsabilité civile et les sports" (co-speaker), Fédération des établissements d'enseignement privé du Québec, June 2, 2016.
- "La responsabilité civile et le hockey" (co-speaker), Fédération des établissements d'enseignement privé du Québec, May 5, 2016.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
- President, Canadian Bar Association, Quebec Division, Young Jurists Section