Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Correna Jones practises employment, labour and business immigration law and she has been recognized as one of Canada's top employment and labour lawyers. Correna assists corporate clients with the full range of their employment law needs, including strategic advice on workplace issues, drafting of employment agreements, workplace policies, restrictive covenants and non-disclosure agreements, assistance with human rights issues and investigations, disability management, drug and alcohol testing policies and practices, employment standards compliance, privacy compliance, including the drafting of policies and practices, and counsel to employers on employment issues in the context of corporate transactions and restructurings.
Correna has also successfully represented unionized employers in the full spectrum of labour issues, from certification and first agreement collective bargaining to strikes, picketing issues, contract administration, grievance arbitration, unfair labour practice complaints and revocation applications.
In business immigration law, Correna provides advice and counsel on all categories of work permit applications, including those pursuant to international mobility programs and through labour market impact assessments. She also assists with permanent resident applications through provincial nominee programs, the Canadian experience class, the federal skilled worker program and family class sponsorship applications. She also provides advice and counsel regarding compliance audits and legal obligations of employers.
- Alberta 2003
Prior to joining us, Correna acted for:
- Domestic corporations: providing external employment and business immigration advice on the full range of legal issues in these areas
- Multinational corporations: providing advice regarding compliance with Canadian laws and regulations in the areas of employment and business immigration law and assisting with the framework of employment and business immigration law policies, practices and documentation to enable the operation of the Canadian business
- Entrepreneurial organizations: assisting with employment and business immigration needs from inception, aligned with the dynamic and growing culture of the organization
- Acritas Stars 2019 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Acritas Stars 2017 – Designated as a “Star” lawyer by a panel of over 3,000 global senior in-house counsel
- Canadian Bar Association
- Labour and Employment Law Subsection
- Immigration Law Subsection
Publication | May 2018
Publication | March 2018
Canada – EU free trade agreement: CETA to provide Canadian companies with increased international mobility options
Publication | September 2017