Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Erwyn is an associate in the dispute resolution department and part of the litigation insurance team and aviation team in Johannesburg, South Africa.
He joined the firm as a candidate attorney in 2016, and during the course of his articles he worked for various teams, including competition, employment and labour, dispute resolution, and mergers and acquisitions.
Erwyn completed a bachelor of sciences degree, specialising in medical science, from the University of Pretoria in 2012. The coalescence of his medical science degree and law degree places him in a unique position to expertly advise on complex medical malpractice and personal injury claims.
- BSc - medical science - University of Pretoria, 2012;
- LLB - University of Pretoria, 2015.
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 2018
Erwyn's experience includes, advising insurers and insureds on contractual and delictual claims in relation to medical malpractice and personal injury matters, and subrogated recoveries. He regularly advises major private hospitals and provincial government institutions regarding medical disputes.
In addition, Erwyn has worked with major international airlines regarding litigious disputes that arise from the Europe Union's Regulation (EC261) which covers passenger compensation for flight delays and cancellations.
- August 2018 - "Competition Amendment Bill 2018 aims to protect market participation of non-dominant firms"
- December 2016 - "Constitutional Court takes a vehement stance against racism in the workplace", Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot
- December 2016 - "Twelve things to know about rights that workers have to rest breaks in South Africa", Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot