Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Jarrett Whitehead is an associate in the Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions team in the Cape Town office. Jarrett advises in relation to general corporate and commercial law, commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions and regulatory compliance matters.
He also has experience in financial sector regulations, insolvency law, corporate investigations and capital markets. He has been involved in instructions in the petroleum and renewable energy sectors, particularly in relation to oil and gas, and has been involved in engagement with regulators in relation to the development of upstream petroleum legislation in South Africa on behalf of private industry.
Jarrett holds a Bachelors of Social Science (Politics, Philosophy and Economics) Degree and a Post Graduate Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree from the University of Cape Town.
- Attorney, qualified in South Africa 2018
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia - R300 million disposal a registered bank in South Africa, completed November 2018;
- Local Short-term Insurance Group – regulatory advice in relation to corporate structure following legislative changes under the Financial Sector Regulation Act;
- Renergen (Pty) Ltd – on a secondary listing on the Australian Stock Exchange, Completed November 2018;
- Total E&P South Africa – US$85 million acquisition and back-to-back disposal of a participating interest in an offshore oil and gas exploration right, completed October 2018;
- South African renewable energy project developer –back-to-back sale and development agreements with a German renewable energy developer in respect of a solar energy project;
- Multi-national consulting and audit Firm – Internal investigation in regard to bribery and corruption allegations made out against certain partners within of one of its African group entities. The matter carries particular geographical significance due to the importance of the state owned enterprises involved, and the United States Department of Justice acting as a regulator.
- Co-author - Global Legal Insights : Energy 2019 (South Africa Chapter)
Available online at: