Dr Yash Naidoo
Norton Rose Fulbright South Africa Inc
Related services and key industries
Yash is a healthcare and dispute resolution lawyer based in Johannesburg.
His experience includes assisting private and public healthcare institutions in defending medical negligence and malpractice claims, and assisting healthcare practitioners with professional conduct proceedings before the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA). He has also acted for insurers in respect of general liability claims against their insureds.
He has a particular interest in healthcare law and the regulations that govern it. He has advised a number of clients in respect of South African healthcare regulations, including a large South African financial institution, a leading international eyewear company, and a private equity investor. He has also advised and assisted foreign-qualified medical practitioners in obtaining registration with the HPCSA.
Prior to commencing his career in law at the firm in 2016, Yash practised as a dentist from 2011 to 2015. While practising dentistry, he obtained his LLB from the University of South Africa (cum laude). He is a member of the South African Medico-Legal Association, and maintains his registration as a dentist with the HPCSA.
- BChD (University of Pretoria, 2010)
- LLB (University of South Africa, 2015)
- Attorney qualified in the Republic of South Africa 2018
- Dental Practitioner, registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa 2011
- May 2019, "Vital steps for accessing public records", Business Day - Business Law & Tax
- April 2019, "Generalists who stretch the HPCSA definition of being a specialist", MedicalBrief
- July 2018, "Carbon monoxide death liability claim fails on pollution exclusion (US)", Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot
- June 2018, "Informed Consent Principles (UK)", Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot
- March 2018, "General damages and contingency deductions in medical negligence cases", Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot"
- March 2018, "Tacit agreement to replace an agreement is not a variation", Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot
- October 2017, "Municipality has a legal duty to provide supervision at a beachside facility", Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot
- January 2017, "Fit and proper tooth whitening", Financial Institutions Legal Snapshot
- August 2016, "Damages claims requirements", BusinessBrief Magazine